NewsThis really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance • Windsor loses Transport

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ram spy video

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Dave Z, Mar 8, 2017.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Because there are prototype parts inside.

2. Mopar392

Mopar392 Active Member

An HD-platform based SUV... How nice...

3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

No. Wagoneer will platform share with the 2019 Ram DT 1500.

4. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Member

Are they simply going to six leg because the competition is? Or have they had issues with 5 leg wheels? Toyota will be the odd man out when they go to six leg.

5. DarkSky

DarkSky Cruising Around Level III Supporter

Based on the dark "spy" shot we saw several months ago, I think the front end of this might be somewhat accurate...
    RamDT copy2.jpg
    Full resolution

freshforged, GasAxe, ScramFan and 2 others like this.
  6. 12soldier

12soldier Member

Maybe it's actually the Jeep Truck with Ram parts mounted on it? Nah... 6 lugs is not a Jeep.

7. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

I was assuming they would do a Ram version of the Jeep Wagoneer as soon as they said it would be on a Ram platform. Keep the numbers of both low. Make the Jeep pricey and the Ram mildly affordable.

wtxiceman likes this.
  8. hotmach

hotmach Member Level 2 Supporter

Looks good.
    I hope it is more revolutionary than that however.
    I'm confident a truck like that my wife wouldn't see the change.

Mopartial likes this.
  9. DarkSky

DarkSky Cruising Around Level III Supporter

For comparison. There should be a few more differences in the front, specifically on the hood and the bumper.
    Dodge-Ram_1500-2014-1600-072.jpg RamDT copy2.jpg

10. 12soldier

12soldier Member

I thought the same. Seems practical and the older Jeep Trucks, non Comanche, were larger like the Ram. I would much prefer the Wrangler styled, removeable doors, but I'd pay for a full size as well without much grief. But it would have to have TRX or better capabilities, not so much engine, but off-road and on road. But if it's like the Toro then I'd be much, very much less interested. I like the midsize but that's too much compromising for such a long wait on this vehicle....

....just realized I went off base here. I was thinking Jeep Truck, but you were referring to the larger SUV Jeep.

11. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Going from 5 lug to 6 lug is because it will be a little more heavy duty. Components will be rated to a higher capacity for better durability.

Mike

wtxiceman likes this.
  12. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

I'm still not convinced... we can discuss later.

Mike

13. tomaz

tomaz Active Member

Tight Work Sky!!!. alil more work on the Grill making it more Evolutionary would good.

14. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Member

Thanks, sorry about the spelling of lug. I didn't catch it in time. Dakotas went from five then to six then back down to five. I hope their bolt pattern is a common one, because if not aftermarket wheels will not be plentiful.

Mike V. likes this.
  15. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

Oh yeah, that looks nice and tight. I hope the hood drops just a little to give better up front visibility.

Without digging back through the thread, we're still looking at a late 2018 debut, correct?