NewsBehind the Jeep/Ram spinoff chatter • Demon to beat Exorcist? • FCA profits as buyers drop sedans

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ram spy video

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Dave Z, Mar 8, 2017.

1. ramajama

ramajama Member

Well Mike, I know you think highly of the looks of the 4rth gen, as do I. I think they caught lightning in a bottle and made the best looking production truck to ever hit the roads. So if you think the DT looks fantastic, then I take it that it will. From the leaked "silhouette picture" I can imagine it and I am extremely optimistic.
    The powertrain changes you mention are also encouraging. I know you've mentioned it before but impatient dudes like me need some reminding. LOL!

I hope they get the EcoDiesel "thing" resolved as well. Great fit and it has to be back on lots by the time Furd debuts theirs.

2. ramajama

ramajama Member

I would be a fan of better stoppers on the RAM. That plus some overall weight savings would go hand in hand...a lighter truck would help the tires and pads stand up better as well.

Im sure the DT will shed some LBs.

3. ramajama

ramajama Member

LOL!!

I think it would just be RAMCHARGER.... ;)

4. dakota21

dakota21 Member Supporter

I never did understand the name Ramcharger. It's like they ran out of ideas and just stuck together two of their best names.

BobbiBigWheels and UN4GTBL like this.
  5. ramajama

ramajama Member

Back in the 70s they also had the Plymouth Trail DUSTER as well. See what they did there? ;)
    ...Im also still not sure why the pulled their namesakes from their car relatives. I guess they did run out of ideas after all...LOL!

6. crouchta

crouchta Member

Except "Ram" was only a heritage name at the time the original Ramcharger was introduced..... And then not a model, but rather emblem and/or engine.

7. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

Ramcharger...I want it 2 door, removable top, ordering starts empty with just a drivers seat, straight 6 and a manual transmission 1500 style...you start with interior...pick the top...no hype on the base model...but let grow all the way to a four door Larime with a Cummins and 3500 style.

Sigh...done dreaming

dakota21 likes this.
  8. dakota21

dakota21 Member Supporter

An Excursion style Ram. Would be nice...

Devildodge likes this.
  9. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

Obviously, the Ram 1500 has become a people hauler. Crew cabs are all the rage. Removable top on an suv gives you pick up and people mover all the time.

Loved popping the top on my 79 trailduster.

All the advances in weather proof interiors...I know crash test for open tops have changed...but man. Oh man

10. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

There is lots of wiggle room for Ram, we will just have to see how Wagoneer production takes off. But it sounds like it will be a sure thing internally that Ram HD will be moving production to Warren when the next generation Ram HD comes to market.

Ram could build some nice full-size SUVs to compete in the commercial and private market as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The aftermarket has had fun building 4-door Ram SUVs for awhile...

11. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

Both - RamCharger and RamChallenger?

12. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

Nice one, Bobbi.

Seriously, what's the market for a two door SUV?

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  13. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Member

14. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged Level III Supporter

Instead of a Ram, I wonder if the Ram-based Chrysler SUV will ever materialize?

15. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

2 of my buddies still drive 2 door blazers and broncos. They love em. No different than a 2 door wrangler me thinks.