AF: Ramcharger | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ramcharger

Discussion in 'Pre-1994 trucks, commercial vehicles' started by Scrounge, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Scrounge

Scrounge Got parts?

Don't see a specific place for Ramchargers, so I'll post here. Saw this in a nearby parking lot about 2 hours ago. Don't know the exact year, but the grille was used from '86 to '90 model years. I like the paint scheme, which is similar to the '84 D100 I used to own. This is in Michigan, which makes the rust-free body that much more impressive.

Ramcharger 1.JPG Ramcharger 2.JPG Ramcharger 3.JPG Ramcharger 4.JPG

Shane Estabrooks and Devildodge like this.
  2. Scrounge

Scrounge Got parts?

Apologies for the lighting in the top two pics, this was into the sun, which is never a good camera angle. This is a 150 model; I don't know if Ramchargers were also a D series, like the pick-up trucks, or if they had another designation. Note the roof vent. Was this a standard feature on the Ramcharger? One was in a '75 Tradesman B200 I owned long ago, but that was part of the customization.

Ramcharger 5.JPG Ramcharger 6.JPG Ramcharger 7.JPG Ramcharger 8.JPG Ramcharger 9.JPG

Shane Estabrooks and Devildodge like this.
  3. Shane Estabrooks

Shane Estabrooks Active Member

Nice Ramcharger.. Nice Pics .. Thank-you.. Have always like them but will never own one cause of truck use.. but maybe if $$$ come my way I would.

4. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

D means 2wd and W means 4wd.

Ramcharger came in both a D and W

The vent is stock from 1981 to 1993.

Man i sure do miss mine.

I had bought a cargo box that extended. It was the width of the truck and was as deep as the bottom of the window. With the seat in the seating position it filled the cargo area. With the seat folded up it extended out to the seat.

I used that many times to haul rocks, dirt, and sand. It was awesome.

Did I mention I really miss mine.

valiant67 and Shane Estabrooks like this.
  5. Scrounge

Scrounge Got parts?

These used to be fairly common. When gas prices were high about 10 to 15 years ago, plenty of them were for sale cheap, as they weren't very economical. But I bet they were enjoyable to drive.