AF: Rebel TRX!!! Hellcat RAM | Page 50 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebel TRX!!! Hellcat RAM

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by chfjim, Sep 29, 2016.

1. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

2. TheViking

TheViking Active Member

Perhaps you haven't been paying attention but FCA makes lots of flying cars these day. It's what we've come to expect:)

VoiceOfReason likes this.
  3. VoiceOfReason

VoiceOfReason Active Member

4. ramajama

ramajama Active Member

Exactly! since complacency is the lowest common denominator, you’re right. LOL! Bring on Bob. LOL!

5. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

Back in the day it would be spelled out why they didnt make a 392 R/T Ram.

#985 EVOL, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2018
  6. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Dagnabit experts! Usin’ they're knowledge against my ignorance! What makes them so special besides they’re impeccable, specialized, in-depth understanding of highly technical fields of endeavor? That’s right NOTHIN!

7. MoparGuy413

MoparGuy413 Active Member

And the 2 posts prior to @freshforged are why I have limited my involvement in the forums recently.

Stomper, wilbur, freshforged and 2 others like this.
  8. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Hey, for years there was "no business case" for the Durango SRT and yet it eventually appeared.
    Hopefully something is in the works for the trucks.

wtxiceman, GasAxe and Devildodge like this.
  9. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

Same for the Police Interceptor Durango. No business case, no capacity, etc (we were told) only to have it appear suddenly one day.

valiant67 likes this.
  10. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

With the revival of the Scat Pack, the word that the challenger'challenger's love is about to be spread to the charger, the Rebel TRX being greenlighted, I would very much believe you will see the reiteration of the Adult Toys. I think it might get even crazy enough to see the ProMaster end up with a StreetVan. We are living in a better equipped era of a muscle car and muscle truck era.
    125.jpg

Good Times

11. VoiceOfReason

VoiceOfReason Active Member

We all want what we want, but there are legitimate reasons that some of the things we want are not currently available. It is a business and if the company doesn't make money (by expending resources on low volume niche vehicles that don't sell as well as expected), they go out of business and don't make any vehicles at all.
    Aggravating engineers isn't going to change that.
    Rather than incite riots because we don't have what we want, why not anxiously look forward to the things that are coming (let alone the things that are here - Redeye? how awesome is that?)?
    Anybody have any hints regarding the suspension details of the coming TRX? There are plenty of rumors about power plants, but nothing about how aggressive the suspension will be.
    There was rumor of a suspension mule caught in the wild, but that vehicle did not have the TRX's wide track, flared fenders, etc. That doesn't mean it didn't have the 13" travel suspension, bypass shocks, etc. I couldn't see anything in the spy shots. Anyone else have any more information?

Stomper likes this.
  12. TheViking

TheViking Active Member

Don't give up on us:) I really appreciate the feedback from you and some of the others.

jwp44, GasAxe and VoiceOfReason like this.
  13. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

VoiceOfReason likes this.
  14. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

6.4 Truck uses same block casting (BGE) as 6.2 Hellcat

6.4 Truck uses same head casting as 6.2 Hellcat

For 2018 some 6.4 SRT are appearing with the BGE block.

5.7 Eagle and 6.4 Apache (SRT) share the same block casting

Mike

15. Mike V.

Frustrating isn’t it? Just stick it in their they say with no consideration for SAE standards, cost of development for electronic controls, cost of certification, cost of modifying existing components to work on both like intake manifolds, etc.

Most people have no idea the 6.4 Truck uses a different block than the 5.7 or the 6.4 SRT. They also do not know it uses different cylinder heads that are a higher flow. They do not consider all the changes that have to be made to accommodate the engine on the electronics side. Physically most everything will bolt up, but that doesn’t mean it is the right combination of parts to be efficient. It also doesn’t mean that it will meet emissions requirements out of the box using the base 5.7 or even the 6.4 HD programming.

Sigh... why invest all that money on a truck that was originally going to be replaced 3 or so years ago but was delayed for the plant shuffle where money was clearly being invested in the production facilities so more capacity and better trucks could be built.

Oh well...

Mike

#995 Mike V., Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  16. Stomper

Stomper Well-Known Member

No one is knocking people down for asking questions. Reasons are being stated as to why some things people are wanting to see have not happened. Research the items Mike mentions in the second sentence of his post (SAE standards, cost of development, etc) along with all the other Federal Government required standards then come up with a business case for putting the 6.4 in a Ram 1500 and present it to FCA. If your *facts* are convincing enough they will do it.

As my tagline says, "Don't raise your voice, improve your argument."

GasAxe, VoiceOfReason and Ryan like this.
  17. TheViking

TheViking Active Member

I'm a bit biased but was very impressed with the engineering behind the 6.4 BGE. The whole motor is built like a tank. Especially when you consider it only cost $1,400 over the 5.7. Yes, I'd like to see a new trans behind it and maybe some additional torque but was a very solid effort on Ram's part.

VoiceOfReason and Devildodge like this.
  18. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

So some 2017 6.4 SRT and prior to that are different than newer 6.4 SRT?
    Any reason for the change or just logistics ?

19. Mike V.

No, I did not say anything about 2017.

I said some, not all, 2018 6.4 SRT’s have the BGE block. I do not know why. It was recently discovered by one of the known speed shops that handle gen 3 Hemi’s. They found a BGE block in a 2018 Scat Pack. More research is being done.

Mike

Devildodge likes this.
  20. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Well-Known Member

So these BGE's that are appearing in some Scat Packs... are any owners reporting higher than normal output on the dyno or better ET's at the track?