AF: Rebel TRX!!! Hellcat RAM | Page 53 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebel TRX!!! Hellcat RAM

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by chfjim, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Well-Known Member

Being that Ford is about to step it up with the Raptor I cant wait to see how balls to the wall the TRX will be.

VoiceOfReason likes this.
  2. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

The 7.0 Raptor sounds like it could be the equivalent to the Rebel TR. I doubt they come up a direct competitor for the TRX any time soon, if at all.

3. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective

I'd love to go to the Vegas show.

Issue is I would probably go take drawing lessons and sketch all of the models or something ludicrous like that lol

Ryan and VoiceOfReason like this.
  4. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

I'm wanting to go next time.

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  5. VoiceOfReason

VoiceOfReason Active Member

Unless it is the best kept secret in the industry. I suspect they'll shift from high performance leader to low cost high performance. The day the TRX becomes available, Raptor valuations will likely drop significantly (if not before that during the time between an official release date/configuration details and availability). Ford may continue to sell roughly as many Raptors then as they do now, but they won't be getting the same prices for them that they do now, which will impact the dealers (who rake in the extra cash when a vehicle sells above sticker) more than the manufacturers (if I understand that correctly). They've made money hand over fist on those things for the past what, nine years? They've only had to refresh it once so far (plus the upcoming rumored 427 CID version) in all that time. The used Raptor market will probably light up for people who were previously unable to afford one, but always wanted one as the demand will drop just as the supply increases.
    I've been warning people - right now, within roughly two years or so of the TRX release, is the absolute worst time in history to buy a Raptor. The prices are still high and once the TRX is out, the prices will drop quite a bit. Those buying a Raptor now are going to be hit the hardest.

ramajama and Ryan like this.
  6. TheViking

TheViking Active Member

I think you're underestimating brand loyalty with these trucks, but that's just my opinion. If anything, the lack of a V8 option will hurt sales more than anything else. Lots of Ford fans were really put off by the EcoBoost only configuration.

ScramFan, ramajama and VoiceOfReason like this.
  7. VoiceOfReason

Brand loyalty is strong among truckers, but so are performance crowns and bragging rights. The Raptor will be getting a V-8 again, if rumors are true, but that offering will essentially pair the Raptor with the Ram Rebel TR - at best. The TRX is a game changer. If public forum sentiment is any indicator (and who are we kidding, it is a finicky barometer), many Raptor owners have already expressed interest in switching brands over the TRX. We'll know how sincere those sentiments were (and how many of them there truly are) in due time.

One thing's for certain, the Ram Rebel TRX got people's attention and is drawing attention to the brand. Ram sales have been doing well lately.

Devildodge and ramajama like this.
  8. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

I got a brochure for 2018 HD and in the center of it is the REBEL TRX doing donuts. Very interesting.

I can not wait to see the Rebel TRX, TR, Powerwagon and the street truck that Ram is going to have to build. Great times to be a Ram fan...or become one.

ramajama, VoiceOfReason and GasAxe like this.
  9. Don W

Don W Active Member

Street truck?

10. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

They are going to have to take the LRE, Rumble Bee, SRT 10 style truck and build it once they show the hellcat can be used in the truck...they have too.

(Still don't mean they will)

And they got that 7.0l hemi they haven't said anymore(anything) about...

Brandon47 and VoiceOfReason like this.
  11. VoiceOfReason

Brandon47 and wtxiceman like this.
  12. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Gotta find an end-round of exhaust regulations to get side stacks on the LRE. That would be happiness.

13. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

They had some MR.Norm little Red express 3rd Gen and 4th Gen at Carlisle. They just came up through the bed...like so many diesel pickups, but they were similar to the originals.

14. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

15. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

446048.jpg

A better one in my opinion.

VoiceOfReason and MoparMantis like this.
  16. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

17. VoiceOfReason

Does anyone know if FCA has plans to discuss either Heavy Duty models or the TRX at the Texas State Fair coming up next week?
    https://bigtex.com/event/texas-auto-show/2018-09-28/
    I seem to recall someone previously mentioning that FCA marketing was begging to have the TRX shown more often, any indication they swayed anyone?
    This will be the two year anniversary of the TRX reveal, but it did not make an appearance last year, nor was it featured at the Detroit International Auto Show. Also, and I apologize for failing to source this, but isn't the HD reveal scheduled for the 2019 DIAS, that is now just a few months away?

18. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

19. VoiceOfReason

Alonzo Del Real and Ryan like this.