AF: Rebel TRX!!! Hellcat RAM | Page 59 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebel TRX!!! Hellcat RAM

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by chfjim, Sep 29, 2016.

1. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Rumors are rumors.

VoiceOfReason likes this.
  2. Jerry Simcik

Jerry Simcik Well-Known Member

Here you go! 1500 & 2500/3500

3. VoiceOfReason

VoiceOfReason Active Member

1500 update out last year.
    Gladiator unveiled.
    Heavy Duty overhaul unveiled.
    To my knowledge, there isn't any other significant news in the pipeline between now and the official information leaks of the TRX, which I suspect (guessing here) will be later this year in a Demon like trickle leading up to an official reveal/unveiling. My guess is, late spring early summer (for the announcement of the 2021 model year offering to be available in 2020, per other prior rumors - not spring/summer for availability). That isn't based on anything other than the releases mentioned above and looking back at how the marketing department handled the Demon and the rumor that marketing was begging to get the TRX out at shows (which did not happen, to avoid stealing headlines from the Gladiator and HD).
    Anyone have any fresh information or hints or clues?
    The NAIAS is all about the HD Ram update. That's out there now. Great truck, go out and buy one (or several). Now, for the next big news . . . thinking the only thing left is the TRX lurking in the shadows . . .

Alonzo Del Real likes this.
  4. VoiceOfReason

Looking at the calendar, I see:
    - Chicago Auto Show (2019-02-09 - 2019-02-18: The Nation's Largest Auto Show | Chicago Auto Show (at https://www.chicagoautoshow.com/default.html ))
    - New York auto Show (2019-04-19 - 2019-04-28: New York International Auto Show (at https://www.autoshowny.com/ ))
    then, a four month gap in events until . . .
    - Texas State Fair (2019-09-27 - 2019-10-20: https://bigtex.com/)
    - LA Auto Show (2019-11-22 - 2019-12-01: The Los Angeles Auto Show // Nov.30 - Dec.9, 2018 (at https://laautoshow.com/ ))

Still no clues regarding an announcement. Maybe FCA hopes to parade the HDs around to the other cities (Chicago and New York) before rocking the boat with the TRX? I'm hoping they don't wait for the Texas State Fair for the announcement, though that would be fine for the unveiling. That would make for a very long summer . . .
    Maybe a Spring or Summer teaser series and people get to see it for the first time at the fall fair in Texas?
    The Texas dates take us to the three year mark since the concept unveiling.

Devildodge likes this.
  5. VoiceOfReason

Thank you “D” for pointing out the sketch behind the Demon in this picture from a member of the Dodge/SRT design group’s personal Instagram page.
    Possibly the hood that the production TRX will see?

Attached Files:

hemi_magnum, ramajama, Don W and 2 others like this.
  6. F8Demon

F8Demon Active Member

My guess is no because no intake? Look at that roof though! Would that be like duel sun roofs that open towards the middle? Could be like T-Tops!

7. VoiceOfReason

The huge vents on the sides of the hood bulge could be intakes. Could be one of many ideas presented in a diagram based brainstorming session.

8. F8Demon

F8Demon Active Member

Ok. Just thinking intakes work best facing forward, and the hellcat engine requires huge amounts of air, preferably cold. Anyway I think the roof is awesome.

9. F8Demon

F8Demon Active Member

Even though this is a 2500?? Redriderbob can you say for sure there will be no 2500 TRX? Thanks.

10. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

TRX Could come in Power Wagon Form and 1500 i guess.

11. VoiceOfReason

Alluding to the style more than anything. I do not expect a 2500 TRX, but who knows. They may have to put it on a beefier playform to keep it from destroying itself.
    I would actually prefer to see it go smaller toward a light and fast mid-size, but that isn’t going to happen.
    It looks like TR is out and the TRX will not be here until 2021 as a 2022 model year, per the latest rumor mill, citing unnamed sources.

All in all, bad news as far as I’m concerned:

Is The 426 HEMI-Powered Ram 1500 TR Dead On Arrival? (at https://www.allpar.com/forums/threads/is-the-426-hemi-powered-ram-1500-tr-dead-on-arrival.218207/#post-1085079781 )

12. ramajama

ramajama Active Member

RAM almost had it. Too bad.

13. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

yall people asking for too much lol.

14. F8Demon

F8Demon Active Member

Not really, Ford is getting a 7.3 naturally aspirated gas engine, if they put that in the Raptor and price it competitively we will be starting behind the 8 ball. I hope they reconsider, I think they would sell them as fast as they could make them.

ramajama and VoiceOfReason like this.
  15. VoiceOfReason

Agreed - in order to be the off-road "Leader", you need to be out in front - and not by a small margin.

ramajama likes this.
  16. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

7.3 is for HD work use. Not raptors or other half tons.

Wil

VoiceOfReason and GasAxe like this.
  17. VoiceOfReason

18. F8Demon

F8Demon Active Member

Everyone knows this. The point is, once the work is done of creating the block, etc it can be mapped differently and designed differently for different applications fairly economically. That's why there are two 392s, one for heavy duty rams, the other for challengers and chargers.

VoiceOfReason likes this.
  19. VoiceOfReason

Mike Manley, CEO of FCA remarked about the success of the DS/DT Ram truck strategy in today’s Town Hall, “very quickly followed by the T-Rex.”
    He also made a joke asking about how much horsepower it had, which was not answered.