AF: Reintroducing myself, and introducing my 1984 D150 Prospector | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reintroducing myself, and introducing my 1984 D150 Prospector

Discussion in 'Welcome to Allpar!' started by Dead Reckon, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Dead Reckon

Dead Reckon Member

So yeah, I haven't been on this site since Chrysler's turned Italian... But hey, I'm back, and there are about to be some serious shenanigans going on with this truck. Well, over the next few months anyway, just spent what I had on the truck. No pictures yet, but I have a walk around video, sorry for the moments when my mind wondered, I'm tired, haha. But yeah, it has new brakes, fairly new tires, bunch of other goodies too.

Video of the truck, it doesn't have a magnum V8, just the air cleaner lid haha

Will have pictures tomorrow, got dark before I could get 'em today.

The plan for the truck currently is

Valve cover gaskets (came with the truck, nice Felpro's, might have a friend put them on, I'm feeling lazy, haha)
    Fix a little bit of wiring, nothing major (I hope), stuff like relocating the fog lights and repairing a few bad grounds, taping a bit of wiring I'll replace later too
    Get a replacement (And probably have a shop install it since it's a gasket type, and not stick on) drivers side mirror glass
    Consider replacing somewhat leaky delaminating windshield and gasket
    Throw in a new Pioneer head unit with Kicker 5x7's in the doors and maybe eventually 6x9's in the back, not cutting the doors out, they have holes for speakers, the speakers are cheap and fit, so that's that.

Pardon the quality, my phone sucks and my fingers keep wandering over the mic and lens. I'm gonna get a new camera before I start really modding the truck. So yeah, as the weather grows colder, and 2016 comes to a close, this truck shall grow even stranger. I'm not gonna lower it or anything like that, the ground clearance is half the fun. But it will grow stranger, trust me.

So, who am I? I'm Ben, I'm not a Chrysler guy, I'm not a GM guy, I'm not a Ford guy, I'm just a "Hey, that's interesting and it makes fun noises" sort of guy. I am 26, going on 27, I haven't matured past 16, and I refuse to do so, I like my music (Rock and metal, from stuff like Tom Petty to Fear Factory) loud, I like my exhaust louder. I like to drive the great and holy V8, burning the mighty guzzolene. If you haven't seen any of the Mad Max movies, nevermind the reference, you shant be witnessed. I feel like I'm living at the end of the era of finding these cheap American Monstrosities, and I'm gonna enjoy them while they last. Lazy American iron V8's, oversized, horribly inefficient, and as loud as the trumpets that hail the end of days. That's how I like my vehicles, as a fifth grade teacher who's name I can't remember would've said "Rude, crude, and socially unacceptable". I'd like to finish off by saying, unlike most of my generation (Most of my generation, whom I should add, I don't relate too), I see social media such as facebook to be annoying more than anything else, I don't have data on my smart phone, I only paid $50 for my smart phone, not $550, and my smart phone isn't the size of a book. I only have a smart phone because it's a bit easier to text on, easier to take pictures and videos with, and because I can play music in my car. So, yeah, I believe I was born about a decade too late, but hey, it is what it is, right?

Give me an open highway, some good rock and roll or metal, I'll figure out my destination when I get there. Might be a shade tree where I can read a book in peace and quiet.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  2. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Welcome back to Allpar. Sounds like a fun project, so enjoy it. I'll be 60 years old next month and I love heavy metal and rock and roll. Of course, AC/DC is my favorite, but I like Metallica and Slayer too!

3. Donnie 3.0

Donnie 3.0 Well-Known Member

Great post and a fun read. Good Luck with your truck and keep us posted on what's going on (or NOT going on! *lol*) with it!

Oh.... and Welcome BACK to ALLPAR!

4. Dead Reckon

Dead Reckon Member

Or 60 years young, depending on how you look at it, my dad is 65 and isn't in the best of health, so if you can still enjoy the things you use too, you're doing good.

Anyway, got some pictures like I said, photobucket link:

1984 Dodge D150 Prospector by Dead Reckon

This truck sat at an auction for a while back around 2000, found the transport sticker in the back window. The guy whom I got it from inherited it from his grandfather, who bought it from said auction. He made the lower seat cover, I think it looks pretty good, but it's only a year and a half old, so we'll see how that holds up. Floor mats are out of a dakota, air cleaner lid and rigged air snorkle hose for the carb is too. I think the wheels are late 70's dodge wheels.

All in all, not a bad truck, can't wait for my paycheck so I can get it road legal, and a few more checks so I can get it sorted and ready for the winter because I haaaate working on vehicles in the winter.

I'll keep y'all updated as things change, posting in whatever section these trucks go in.[/QUOTE]