AF: Rejuvenate Town & Country Paneling | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rejuvenate Town & Country Paneling

Discussion in 'EEK! - Every Extended-K Car' started by LoveLeBaron, Feb 4, 2017.

1. LoveLeBaron

LoveLeBaron Member

Hi All! I'm brand new to the forum, but I've been a Chrysler K-Platform lover for years! I'm in the process of buying a 1985 Lebaron Town & Country which is in great shape, but the "wood" panels on the side are looking a bit faded with age. Any advice on how I can treat them to bring them back to their old brilliance? Any info will be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. William D.

William D. New Member

I'd be curious to hear ideas, but I suspect since this is a marine grade vinyl, painting would be your best bet. Not sure if the color is all the way through the vinyl. If so, you could likely sand it to reveal 'fresh' vinyl, then sand with finer grits of sandpaper until it feels nice and smooth.

I'm assuming you're talking about the 'raised' wood. If the darker 'woodgrain' is faded, there's no bringing that back. You must remove all the raised wood, and reapply fresh 3M Di-Noc.