Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing the Mark Cross headrests from a doomed K body

Discussion in 'EEK! - Every Extended-K Car' started by abgwin, Nov 9, 2017.

1. abgwin

abgwin Well-Known Member

Help! I'm trying to save the headrests from my 87 Town & Country wagon before it heads off to the great wrecking yard in the sky. It was hit while parked and totaled but another T&C owner needs these for his Mark Cross interior resto.

There's something that keeps them from pulling out but I can't figure out how the retainer works.

Any quick guidance (the wrecker is coming later today or early tomorrow) would be most appreciated.

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

If they don't pull off with an extra firm upwards jerk, Look for a small paper clip-sized hole or button to release it?

[​IMG]

3. abgwin

abgwin Well-Known Member

Nothing so reasonable. They have a single, flat metal support with a trim plate on the headrest and another plastic surround on the backrest. The surround has a notch in the center so I assumed it worked like later LeBarons where a flat dull flexible blade pushed down along the support would disengage the catch but nothing (including brute prying with an f...ing crow bar) has worked.

I'd really like to save these for another T&C owner but I'm running out of ideas.

4. neon98rt

neon98rt Well-Known Member

yep just like my lebaron. the metal rod has a grove in it with what looks like a crowbar curve pushing in that hole. either slide something in, cut the back or try to go in from the inside up.