AF: Renegade on the lift | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Renegade on the lift

Discussion in 'Compacts: Renegade, Patriot, Compass, Caliber' started by TWX, Apr 18, 2016.

1. TWX

TWX DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
    Level 2 Supporter

Put the Renegade Trailhawk on the lift today.

Renegade-Trailhawk-on-lift-web.jpg

Renegade-Trailhawk-on-lift-all-perches-web.jpg

Renegade-Traikhawk-on-lift-front-perch-web.jpg
    Renegade-Trailhawk-on-lift-rear-perch-web.jpg

Checked out some of the fasteners, lots and lots of E-Torx, fair amount of regular Torx, quite a few six-point. One captive-nut on the rear-end that I expect will be a headache for people servicing dirty vehicles. E18, E16, E14, all very common on suspension/brakes. T50 and below pretty common. Bigger than E18 present for suspension-to-body fasteners, I tested one of those 12-spline jobs and the 16mm version fits, would probably want to use E-Torx if actually spinning them.

The skidplates are 10mm and 13mm six-point. I found 10mm and 12mm-18mm, nothing that I touched was 11.

Rear differential uses Allen, didn't check the size. Both fill and drain appear to be the same.

ImperialCrown likes this.
  2. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Is that an actual Jeep or a Fiat chassis, Tannon? I'm just curious.

3. TWX

TWX DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
    Level 2 Supporter

It's a Jeep variant of the Fiat chassis that came by way of Opel at GM.

Considering Jeep's history it's as Jeep as anything made by Bantam, Ford, Willys-Overland, Kaiser, American Motors, AM-General, Chrysler, Daimler-Chrysler, Cerberus, Chrysler LLC, or anyone else that owned the company for more than ten minutes...