AF: Renegade - Renegade thoughts? | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Renegade Renegade thoughts?

Discussion in 'Compacts: Renegade, Patriot, Compass, Caliber' started by Rich Hutchinson, Jul 18, 2015.

1. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

Me too. Every Renegade owner I've talked to loves it. A couple dealers around here advertise 0 percent loans on '15s. I'm thinking awd and one of those bright colors.

#21 rapidtrans, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
  2. hemirunner426

hemirunner426 Well-Known Member

I think one has to remember the size class the renegade was built for.
    I liked the looks of the renegade right from the start.It has taken the wife and i a long time to actually see one in the flesh.We checked one out recently and couldn't believe how roomy it was.We were pleasantly surprised at the quality,layout and general persona of the renegade.It is totally different than the Fiat 500X,the fiat i would not consider purchasing.

3. rapidtrans

Any reports from Renegade owners now that they've been out for a while.
    It seems like a nice option for those that miss their P.T.s.

4. BismrkBear

BismrkBear Well-Known Member

Here is my update. We didn't have the winter weather to challenge the Renegade, but it was a fine winter vehicle. Duluth is a small city built on a hill and we did have to negotiate the hills during a few snowstorms. A few days before Christmas, a friend broke her ankle and the Renegade took the steep snow covered streets of her neighborhood with ease. The cold weather group was a big plus for me, often warming my seat and hand enough I didn't need the heater on.

One thing I never really noticed, even with the hills of Duluth, was issues with the 9 speed. For the last month I have been driving a 7.5 mile that has an elevation change of about 750 feet. The route has lower speed limits, yes, but even at highway speeds I can take the hills with ease.

The one and only one issue I had was with the radio. If the temperature outside was below zero, and the car wasn't fully warm inside, the radio/Sirius would start skipping channels. I haven't been able to replicate it, but I was pretty sure it was due to the temperature. Once the ambient temperature in the vehicle was in a normal range, it was fine.

I love this Jeep. As a previous owner of a PT Cruiser I am happy to say it is a more capable replacement.

JA Cumbo and gforce2002 like this.
  5. TWX

TWX DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
    Level 2 Supporter

That's good to hear, given what just appeared in our garage this evening...

Attached Files:

Morty likes this.
  6. BismrkBear

Congrats. I just finished my first major road-trip to a Hot Wheels convention with my Renegade and I am more than pleased. The seats were comfortable for extended driving, Even though my body is getting older, I never had any discomfort. I was also able to pack a lot of Hot Wheels to sell and the space swallowed them up easily.

It seemed like Chicago was swimming in Renegades, I saw so many of them. Parking in Chicago is never easy, but luck, and the back-up camera made parallel parking a snap, even with my cargo. I only wish I could have found parking near the Frank Lloyd Wright Robie house so I could have done the tour, but settled for a visit to the Museum of Science and Industry to see the Lego exhibit.

Windy weather did take its toll on the mileage to Indianapolis. It seemed like I was heading into the wind, or dealing with strong cross winds most of the trip. My friend who owns a Ram also complained about how much his mileage was impacted. On the way back I did get the wind at my tail for a good portion of the trip, and my average mileage climbed considerably.

On the whole the convention and trip was a success. I sold off over a thousand Hot Wheels and came back with a dozen, new to me gems. I loved every minute in that Jeep, and look forward to more road trips this summer.

7. Jeepinspence

Jeepinspence Member

I'm suddenly quite interested in aRenegade. I test drove a 4wd version in red last winter and really liked ,but, started hearing issues about stalling and issues with the 9spd tranny so I backed off.

Now 6 mo later I've heard no more about these issues and I watched a YouTube video by wayalife in which he took his slightly lifted trail hawk on a trail alongside two Wranglers and I really think I'm sold!

I'm leaning toward the red Trailhawk version either 15 or 16. I'm still unsure about options and I'm hearing that FCA is making some great deals on new cars so I'm wondering what kind of deal I can get? Does anyone have any inside knowledge of customer cash back, or incentives? I do own a Jeep product already. Lastly what would all do about options if you were buying a new aRenegade?
    Thanks!
    Jeepinspence<><

8. BismrkBear

The Trailhawk is the way to go in my opinion for many reasons. You get a full sized spare, leather, the multiple settings for fwd etc. without an impact on gas mileage. My Trailhawk is almost a year old, so I have no clue on incentives. Because of where I live, I really appreciated the cold weather group option this last winter. Most of the other options are all personal preference, for instance I don't see the need for the larger screen and GPS.

Enjoy your Renegade.

floridaman2013 and Jeepinspence like this.
  9. Morty

Morty Well-Known Member

An Italian Renegade version ;)
    Renegade Polizia.jpeg Renegade Polizia 2.jpeg

10. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Buy one and let us all know! :)

11. butcher_block

butcher_block Active Member

we looked at them the otherr day wife liked the looko of the 75year package. liked the compass also the upcoming stretched renagade might be a winner as the biggest worry was space (no matter what its gingto have to have the removable top

12. rapidtrans

I've had a fwd Renegade LImited rental this week. Looks pretty nice in black. That lasted till i got to the jobsite. Black sure shows the dust! Overall, a pretty nice vehicle. I did not notice any more road noise than the Cherokee Limited i had last trip. Once i got the seat, wheel an controls adjusted i found it pretty comfortable. Has a soft ride yet handles pretty well. I liked the "express-down" feature on all 4 windows. And the rears lowered all the way down. I was suprised how the cruise struggled to hold speed on the hills driving up I-65. Speed dropped off 4 mph on some hills. Though the Renegade ran fine around town, like the 4cyl. Cherokee i had, it feels under powered on the hwy. The Cherokee cruise did stayed pegged at 80 mph thru the same hills. The Cherokee eng/trans seemed a better match.
    I could live with either in awd trim for a second car/winter vehicle.