Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

replacement 2.5

Discussion in 'Daytona and Laser' started by herrisdevio, Aug 30, 2017.

1. herrisdevio

herrisdevio Active Member

im finaly getting around to getting my 87 drivable again only to fine antifreaze pooling on the starter so worst case senario im looking too see if anyone has a spare 2.5L for sale. im hoping its something minor but wont know till im able to get a real good look around the engine

2. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

You may luck out and find that it's just a rusted freeze plug. I'd suggest replacing them all, IF that's what it is.

3. herrisdevio

yah thats what im hoping but like i said just pricing worstcase so i know where ide be standing. i love my 87 and daytonas are getting rarer and rarer each year so realy want to keap mine running

4. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Good luck finding one. Most local yards have crushed anything older than 15 years.

5. herrisdevio

well so far the check has shown good signs found 1 poped freeze plug behind the starter so will just nead to pull the starter and hammer it back in place but still waiting to get it off the ground to check the rest of the block