Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Report- 10 trackhawks stolen from jnap

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Scottina06, Nov 29, 2017.

1. adaptabl

adaptabl Active Member

Don't worry they won't get far before they break down. HAHAHA

2. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zagnut27, ramajama and Erik Latranyi like this.
  3. ramajama

ramajama Active Member

Cursed by their own badassery..

4. BEEAH

BEEAH Active Member

Additional security? Yeah, maybe take the keys out of them and figure out a different system for that...

somber likes this.
  5. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Not necessarily. The nearby Navy base is fenced in, but they ran bundles of 2" thick steel cable about 3 feet up from the ground in the chain link fence. No way a car, SUV or pickup is going to get through that cable. Nothing short of an Abrahams A-1 at the very least.

6. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

That relies on being well patrolled too. Only a matter of moments to curt through with an acetylene torch.

suzq044 likes this.
  7. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

You say that like they're driving it through or over the fence. No. They're cutting a hole in it. Still quite possible with the cables, and whereas it's illegal to enter private property without permission, you'll have a bit more than fines to deal with, if you get caught going onto a military base without permission. Nobody wants to come face to face with an MP on patrol when they're not supposed to be on that particular piece of property. lol.

A wall, would stop them making holes to drive through, even if they gained access to the property. It takes a little more noise, time & effort to make a hole in a wall. lol

ScramFan likes this.
  8. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

I hate to tell you, but our military bases and National Guard facilities are not well protected. I read stories regularly about firearms being stolen right from the military and National Guard. It is believed that most of these thefts have help from the inside (gang members in our military is a huge problem).

I think the same may be happening here. There are people on the take to look the other way.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  9. suzq044

The only ones I have experience wth are the USMC bases in San Diego. Can't speak for the rest.

10. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

I worked in an armory for a good chunk of my time in the Marine Corps. I can tell you that you are going to have a really hard time stealing a weapon from a Marine Corps base. Reserve and National Guard facilities may not be well protected, but the weapons inside them are well protected, and if there is a weapon stolen from one, it is assuredly done with some sort of inside involvement.

suzq044 and Doug D like this.
  11. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Agreed. Some bases (NG, Army, Navy, Marines, etc) may not be secured the best, but you can be darn sure weapons and ammunition depots are well secured. The last NG unit I served in had three separate safes for the weapons, firing pins (depending on weapon) and ammunition. More than likely if there is a theft, they had "assistance" from someone on the inside.

suzq044 likes this.
  12. IronMike3406

IronMike3406 Active Member

God knows I spent many of nights walking the perimeter of our Armory at Camp Lejeune.... I have seen weapons lost during deployments in Puerto Rico for instances a M60a2 being lassoed by a local or a LT who got caught in quicksand in Italy lost a M16a2 and his 92f..... But blatant loss of weapons from a Active Duty military installation is rarely ever occurred unless it was someone from inside.

suzq044 likes this.
  13. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]

Another Trackhawk down. Bad roads in the west side of Michigan caused an accident with a car hauler and the rear fascia looks to be ripped off.

14. suzq044

That sucks, hopefully it was "just" a 392.

UN4GTBL likes this.