AF: Revealed: Fiat reveals official photo of it's new subcompact PickUp | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revealed: Fiat reveals official photo of it's new subcompact PickUp

Discussion in 'Alfa and Maserati' started by classicfan, Feb 13, 2020.

1. classicfan

classicfan Member

MJAB likes this.
  2. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

That looks really good!
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, unibody lifestyle trucks have a poor sales track record in N.A.

3. dana44

Ad-Free Member

Yeah, sorry, but I wouldn't purchase one, and it is based on the unibody and fact the bed is smaller than the inside of a PT Cruiser (well, almost).

4. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Ya, that would be DOA here.

5. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

The good news is the article said it would be available in 2 and 4 door versions, a two door may have a useable bed. I would like to see a pic of the two door, as a 4 door has no interest for my second car.

6. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

It might do well in in Canada, where we are less resistant to those types of vehicles. Packaged correctly, (AWD, lifted, decent engine) it could be a good seller here. There is a real lack of smaller truck choices, I would be more interested in something this size as a second, or weekend use vehicle than any full size. Even the Colorado/Canyon is a little big for me, tho. I'd like something more like the old Rampage, or the Volkswagen version, perfect for weekend chores, or trips to the garden centre, lake etc.

7. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

I once had a Dodge Ram HD Cummins. 'Bout the best Chrysler product I've ever owned or drove.

Also had a lightweight 'Dodge' truck ( wink, wink ) ... that was a Mitsu-based Dodge 50 back when they were around.

After the Cummins, my family and I looked back and thought that had we been better able to peer into the then upcoming future, we should've gotten a Dakota crew. We obtained the Cummins looking forward to that one being the Tractor in a Recreational Tractor/Trailer RV set-up. Too hasty in obtaining it. The better daily would've been the Dak. Live and learn.

However, I'm noticeably older, and the thought of a light-weight truck bed connected to a decent 4-Door interior appeals. The Honda Ridgeline will work, but I don't even have to have something quite that long ( older eyes, my wife's older eyes and other nearly retired-person's oddities ) . But, the Ridgeline will do, if no one else offers something more to my liking.

Mentioned frequently has been the Pacifica being leveraged in the same way the Ridgeline came into being. If they have the will to push that envelope in that direction, it might pay to at least float a concept at a key show, to see what reactions that will surely generate. Betcha they can find a clever gal/guy who can imagine a nice adaptation.

jimboy likes this.
  8. GaryS

GaryS Well-Known Member

With tongue in cheek, I'll just say it looks like a 4-door sedan without a trunk lid.