AF: Rubber door thresholds for 71-80 B-van | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rubber door thresholds for 71-80 B-van

Discussion in 'Vans' started by 52Dodgecoronet, Aug 13, 2015.

1. 52Dodgecoronet

52Dodgecoronet Active Member

Sure would like to find new door thresholds for my '77 B-200 Sportsman SE. I need them for both front doors, the sliding side door and the rear door, but I'll take whatever I can get.

The original rubber is apparently NLA, but wouldn't the rubber door thresholds from a later Ram Van work?

Would anybody know any part numbers for the door thresholds on a Ram Van?

Thanks a lot!

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

3. 52Dodgecoronet

Thanks for the reply, ImperialCrown, and I'd also like to thank you for all the advice you have given us about ThermoQuad carburetors. You have enabled me to get mine working much better.

Actually, the door weatherstrip seal rubber for the front doors is available as a kit from Rock Auto, and I've already installed that. No rubber available for the side sliding door or the rear door, however.

At this point, though, I'm looking for the rubber door thresholds, not the weatherstrip seal rubber.

4. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Is the threshold the road-splash seal at the bottom of the door? Is it just a semi-circular 'domed' cross-section strip?
    The oldest Dodge truck parts catalog I find online is for 1982. Are the doors the same? I may have a Motor's Crash Estimating Guide upstairs that covers 1971-78 B-van body parts if you want the part#'s from that. The van body didn't change very much over the years. See chapter 23C:
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Chrysler_Service_Parts_Catalog/CD1/JTI8196/82t.PDF

52Dodgecoronet likes this.
  5. 52Dodgecoronet

I should have called them "scuff plates", ImperialCrown. Thanks a lot for that really cool parts book! I have the part numbers now, and find that Arizona Parts supposedly has them, but I'll have to wait until they return from vacation to order them.

ImperialCrown likes this.
  6. A-Body

A-Body New Member

What I did on mine was a bought a 1/8 inch thick rubber mat and cut it to fit. Much better than the plastic ones.