Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rummage sale find! Looking for some information.

Discussion in 'Models - Games - Toys' started by John S., Jul 9, 2016.

1. John S.

John S. New Member

I found this at a local church rummage sale a few months ago. Except for the side decals and some bubbling on the windshield, this thing seems to be in incredible shape. I've collected toy cars and trucks for a long time but have only found a few tonka's I liked. I have never seen one with plastic this white, they are usually always yellowed. For some reason the front drivers side tire is slightly yellow, but the rest is perfect. The paint is in great shape, only a couple chips. I'm not sure what caused the windshield to bubble, but I know how to fix it. Can anyone tell me what year it is and if it has any value? Thanks! -John IMG_20160709_0244571_rewind.jpg IMG_20160709_0244571_rewind.jpg IMG_20160709_0246018_rewind.jpg IMG_20160709_0246137_rewind.jpg

2. Shane Estabrooks

Shane Estabrooks Active Member

Cool... got to be in the 60's I'd say if not early 70's.

3. pug-man

pug-man Well-Known Member

Neat find. What does it say on the side? Any pics of your whole collection?
    As for value, I wouldn't have a clue. I've seen some ANSON die cast models of Dodge Rams, 1:18, in packaging going for 200.00 or more, and those models have been discontinued for some time. Something this old tho I don't know.

4. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

My guess is 1962-1965

Cool find!!

Thanks
    Randy

5. Donnie 3.0

Donnie 3.0 Well-Known Member

6. John S.

John S. New Member

It just says highway patrol on the side. I will try to get my collection together and get a picture for ya. It's mostly early Hotwheels, early Matchbox cars and any brand Volkswagen. I do have another Tonka, it's a camper with the Jeep front end like the one above, but it's all steel. I'll post some pictures of that one in a bit.

Also, I like your profile pic. The New Charger police cars look great. I live in Indiana and finally got to see a Indiana State Police Challenger last week. I almost wet myself! Lol It was pretty plain looking, all white with State Police logo on the side, but I still loved it. I think it's really cool they are using Challengers

Thank you, and everyone else for your help! -John

7. Donnie 3.0

Donnie 3.0 Well-Known Member

That's a link I posted earlier, BTW...