AF: Rumors are the ones that will kill Chrysler | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rumors are the ones that will kill Chrysler

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Mr.Source, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

Speculation will end Chryslers life, nothing has been said now, but many think they have the correct answer, I will just say that we might get a surprise,

2. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Truth. I just saw a youtube link from FOX Business Channel that had up to the minute coverage of the plan while the plan conference was taking place where the useless talking head from FOX kept going on and on about "any minute we'll get word that Chrysler has been discontinued", so far as to say the Pacifica will be updated to Dodge. Obviously that never came to fruition, but how are you going to maintain a brand that news channels is saying is circling the drain unless you pump fresh product into it?

dennisimperial likes this.
  3. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

If what the insiders say is true...that product will be coming very soon...then all these rumors should be put to bed. Time will tell.

djsamuel likes this.
  4. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

The model known as the Chrysler 300 VSN * is as much a problem as anything else.

* - V S N ... Very Soon Now

5. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

This sounds like the woman waiting for the man to propose after a decade of dating......any day now....

NWbyNW, Patuko, cygnus and 7 others like this.
  6. eaglecars

eaglecars Well-Known Member

Heh, it makes no sense for Chrysler to die, but I'm afraid we're going to get no new cars and a whole lotta tall, "polite,"crossovers instead. Maybe a dashing redesign of the 300, a "personal luxury" coupe based off of 300 or Giulia, and some kind of halo sports (or super- or GT) car would make those crossovers more palatable, but I haven't heard anything about Chrysler getting a new car.

7. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

And......the only ring she will ever get is on the telephone!:D

8. redhed

Level III Supporter

Well, with only two products to its name, and one seemingly left to wither on the vine, I certainly hope "something" good is about to happen!

9. gforce2002

gforce2002 Well-Known Member

Without any specific official confirmation of future plans though or actual product, speculation is what will happen. Since so few Pacificas or 300s sell around here, I’ve already had non-“car people” tell me they thought Chrysler had already gone.

10. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

If One believes that short cars are needed to be a viable brand then Chrysler is dead as is Ford, as is Jeep. There is no sustainable way forward for a car only brand outside Farrari or McClaren

ScramFan and tlc like this.
  11. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

The Pacifica has crossed over here to being more visible then the Caravan

ScramFan and djsamuel like this.
  12. KrisW

KrisW Well-Known Member

*cough* Ferrari F16X

In fairness, McLaren has publicly stated that it has no plans to make anything other than cars, but McLaren's sales volumes make Ferrari look like a Toyota.

I will not worry until Morgan announces its SUV... ;)

AlfaCuda and TripleT like this.
  13. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Hmm... Who would have thought that the more they complain about a brand dying, the more likely it actually is to die?

con383 likes this.
  14. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

Yes, when rumors get "legs", they can easily become self-fulfilling prophecies. There is really only one way for the Chrysler brand to fight this - announce and then proceed to build some new models, not just a warmed over 13 year old design.

15. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Checker Cab comes to mind. But I think Checker did get ALL the bugs worked out of it long before the end.

16. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

It’s rapidly approaching the time when said new models are due to arrive. It’ll soon be put up or shut up time.

Quambi, GasAxe and Adventurer55 like this.
  17. Erik Latranyi

They do it by text message or Instagram these days!

tlc likes this.
  18. Erik Latranyi

Yes. I agree.

I hope it is not like Charger/Challenger and always 3 years out....every year.

By the way, Marchionne did imply that they did not start this L platform renewal yet.....which puts them 3 years out.

19. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

What?

“We may not necessarily have to go as far as the Giorgio architecture for Dodge as long as we are willing to commit to a significant upgrade to the current architecture to make it competitive. That’s something that’s already started,” Marchionne said.

AlfaCuda, TripleT, MoparJoe and 2 others like this.
  20. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

But by what he said (and admittedly SM is not the best source for reliable info) it would indicate that they haven’t fully committed to a platform yet. That would indicate that they aren’t that far along in development as everything else is built off of the platform, no?