AF: Rumors are the ones that will kill Chrysler | Page 23 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rumors are the ones that will kill Chrysler

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Mr.Source, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

We are excited.

jam1, danbek, MoparJoe and 2 others like this.
  2. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

And.................reflects on the company itself. Most ticked off customers start disliking their vehicles when dealership hassles start to mount up and wonder why FCA itself keeps franchising the dealer.

3. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level 2 Supporter

They may be. I'm not a Jeep dealer.

I'm saying it's a propaganda piece meant to further the author's viewpoint.

hmk123, MoparJoe and Ryan like this.
  4. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level 2 Supporter

I still call them Dodge Rams out of habit. Though admittedly I don't sell them.

5. ralph.jones

ralph.jones Well-Known Member

To be fair a lot of us (myself included) have been around a lot longer than the Ram brand. I've owner more Dodge trucks than Ram trucks, so I call them what I know them as. Its hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

jam1 and valiant67 like this.
  6. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

I doubt Jeep dealers are particularly nervous since they’ve recently gotten Renegade, a brand new Compass, a refreshed Cherokee, a brand new Wrangler, and a recently updated (I think?) Grand Cherokee. Are they late to the full size SUV market? Yes, absolutely. But considering the volume in that market segment I’m surprised they seem to be going full-in, but that’s neither here nor there at this point, and until we see all of those vehicles on lots it’s not official until it’s official.

But the expensive pricing and rising fuel costs do make these vehicles unappealing to a lot of customers and their wallets/purses. I imagine the majority of customers are more excited about vehicles that actually fit their budget.

7. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

Looking for parts and mods, most websites refer to the ram trucks as dodge first, ram is an addition to the model number.
    My father had a dodge truck and I do too lol, in my mind it will never be different. :)
    Both are black, the fastest... :)

UN4GTBL likes this.
  8. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

AutoTrader shows a "Dodge", "Dodge or Ram" and "Ram" options in their drop down menus when searching for vehicles I've noticed.

9. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to think of Chryslers in the last 20 years that were stylish. Besides the 300 there is... um... the 300M.

randy1911 likes this.
  10. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Pacifica compared to all other minivans.

11. page2171

True. I'm trying to think of ones that were stylish on their own merit. Not like the Aspen, which was stylish compared to a Durango from the same time frame. Or, the first-gen 200 which was stylish compared to the Sebring it came from.

12. djsamuel

Level 2 Supporter

Concorde, older Cirrus/Sebring, PT Cruiser (subjective I know), the Aspen wasn't bad. Also, the Prowler, since it switched to Chrysler after Plymouth.

UN4GTBL, valiant67 and hmk123 like this.
  13. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Also the 1996-2000 Town & Country.

UN4GTBL and djsamuel like this.
  14. jam1

jam1 Well-Known Member

@ralph.jones "To be fair a lot of us (myself included) have been around a lot longer than the Ram brand. I've owner more Dodge trucks than Ram trucks, so I call them what I know them as. Its hard to teach an old dog new tricks."
    Thank you for this comment!
    …..and to state the obvious...… this line of reasoning is why it is soooooo important, I think, that FCA is very careful to conduct MUCH research FIRST and build a following behind each of its vehicles...… adapt..... please don't build then abandon. There are many examples of this already out there. Please.

JavelinAMX likes this.
  15. AmbassadorSST

AmbassadorSST Active Member

Crossfire
    [​IMG]

Concorde (last generation)
    [​IMG]

300 M (Eagle Vision with a Chrysler badge) and 300 C (obviously)
    [​IMG]

ME FOUR-TWELVE :)))
    [​IMG]

16. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective

When we talk about rebates we refer to them as "Chrysler Canada", it's just less clumsy.

MoparJoe likes this.
  17. prowler

prowler Well-Known Member

That parallels my original question pages back. What is "Chrysler" within FCA? Is it still a division or a name plate? A LOT of people still refer to the company as "Chrysler".

18. IronMike3406

IronMike3406 Well-Known Member

I can remember Chrysler being a gentleman's/bankers HotRod nothing more nothing less.... But these days all the major players in the European car market have that niche filled up, Cadillac has tried to infiltrate that market for years with little to no success. There was one concept that could've beat the Alfa in its game and it was the Firepower and the Nassau and original 200 concepts.... All of those had the right hardware but of course our fearful leaders at the time Daimler wouldn't allow Chrysler to produce such fine looking cars

MoparJoe and 77 Monaco Brougham like this.
  19. page2171

Yep, I'm with you on that one.

I would say that one is in the eye of the beholder, but that could just be me.

Yes to both the 300M and the 300C

Yep, but they made a lot of good looking concepts that never made it to production.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  20. page2171

The problem with the Town & Country is that it perpetuated what Chrysler has been for most of my adult life, a slightly fancier Dodge or Plymouth. But, I do think that generation of minivans was good looking.

james.mooney. likes this.