Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rusted out front left quarter panel 69 Plymouth Valiant

Discussion in 'A Body: Duster, Valiant, Dart, etc' started by lilbird0210, Feb 22, 2017.

?

I want to do the original green and use a military green to accent the contours of the body.

1. Do it.

40.0%
  2. Don't do it.

60.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lilbird0210

lilbird0210 Member

Hey guys. I just started to look through all the things I'm going to need in order to get my car finished up and I've been pricing everything so that I know what to expect an save for. But I'm needing recommendations on where I should get a patch for my front left quarter panel. There's not a huge hole but it is definitely something I want to take care of before the rust spreads. Any advice would help out a lot!
    Thanks all,
    Sam

2. CudaPete

Ad-Free Member

Not much out there for this car. Probably will have to fabricate a patch panel out of sheet metal.

3. Citation84

Citation84 Well-Known Member

Ebay might be a good place to look for an entire front fender. or a local junkyard.

Eastwood's has a universal sheetmetal patch kit for about $ 72. Part #13376

4. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

If you are looking for a front fender those are reproduced (because the Duster is the same) but if you mean the front part of the rear quarter panel you'll probably have to make a patch panel.

Citation84 likes this.
  5. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Find an old-school body man. I have seen a piece of scrap sheetmetal formed on a bench to fit a patch area perfectly. Compound bends take a little longer to form. These guys are artists and sculptors.

Volunteer and Citation84 like this.
  6. Citation84

Citation84 Well-Known Member

Yes. After I read this I went scrounging on the internet for awhile.

I found a lot for the Dart and Demon. And since I just purchased a repro left lower rear quarter panel for my 63 Valiant thought there might be something available from Classic Car Industries which supplied with it. Entire repro fenders [approx. $480] and inner patch panels available as well. Steep, though.

Great video on Eastwood's site showing the process of making a patch panel and making a repair.

Agree with ImperialCrown. Some old school guy, a hot rod shop or perhaps even a regular autobody repair place would probably enjoy working on your car.

7. 68RT

68RT Well-Known Member

Volunteer likes this.
  8. Crewchief

Crewchief New Member

This is what I found behind the area you were talking about. There's so much more hidden behind the quarters. I used AMD quarters, heavy gage and fit with little stretching for a perfect fit. Good luck

Attached Files:

#8 Crewchief, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017