Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrambler or Comanche?

Discussion in 'Wrangler, CJ, Wagoneer, other traditional Jeeps' started by Dave Z, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

The CJ-based Jeep pickup was called Scrambler, during the few years when it was sold, so many people believed the pickup version of the new Wrangler would also be called the Scrambler.

[​IMG]

Not so, one Allpar source claimed — instead, we should look to the more recent derivative of the XJ Jeep Cherokee, built during the 1980s and shut down after Chrysler took over AMC. (Many Jeep folk say it was to avoid competition with the Dakota; most likely, Chrysler wanted to pump out more of the Cherokees, which had higher profit margins.)

That would make the new Wrangler-based pickup, due next year, the Jeep Comanche — another native-based name, which presumably someone’s cleared with the relevant people. (If you wondered, the Cherokee nation appears to be fine with having sturdy vehicles named after them.)

Comanche, Scrambler, or… something else? We won’t know for sure until the nameplates or the press release is spotted.

Read the whole post here.

2. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

I prefer Comanche. I don't like the name Scrambler because it reminds me of eggs.
    scramblereggs.jpg