AF: See The 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Before You're Supposed To | Page 4 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

See The 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Before You're Supposed To

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by T_690, Oct 8, 2020.

1. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

This made me stop and study all the angles/body lines,; the former, I quickly turned away from. The tweaks take theyour eyes vertically as apposed to longitudinal along the body (PRESENCE). Great improvement!

savio.79 and danbek like this.
  2. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

That front end screams, "Combine a Buick style grill with a 1940s-50s British car look". All it needs is round head lights to complete the look.

Dave Z and Tony K like this.
  3. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

I don't find Mercedes's design that impressive at the moment. Their vehicles look bulbous and amorphous.

But what do I know. I am not their target buyer.

danbek and burtstwins like this.
  4. AlfaCuda

AlfaCuda Well-Known Member

Both the GC and GW lack adventure and flair to my eyes. The designers are being over cautious imo. Perhaps afraid to upset their established winning image. I wish they stretched the bar a lot more than they have with these two.

5. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

Many manufacturer put big front fascia with big grille / logo because otherwise You'll distint one model from one of another competitor... most look the same car with few design changes. Took away the fron fascia and logo (plastic) and try to guess who is the manufacturer.

suzq044, ScramFan and T_690 like this.
  6. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

It's been that way for years though if anything cars made today have more design directive than in the earlier years. They're just doing bigger logos/ grills because that is what the current designs that sell do and it's also currently apart of the brand image. In x amount of years it will change again, just like how wagons were family cars and then they were cool or crossovers were just another car and not they're for moving the family around

7. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

Yet for me a front end I find very distinctive is that of the VW Atlas. It is very conservatively styled compared to many other vehicles.
    I like that the grill is fairly straight across the width of the vehicle, the front doesn't really begin to curve until the head lights.
    In fact I like all of the exterior, conservative and clean. If only it weren't built by VW.

MJAB likes this.
  8. eigib56

eigib56 Well-Known Member

Agreed on the sides. Assuming that this rendering is accurate, I'm heartened to see that they avoided the current trend toward silly conglomerations of swoops, creases and gouges along the doors and quarters. I'm thinking of certain Toyota/Lexus and Chevy models, which, from some angles, look like they've sustained sheet metal damage!