NewsKeeping the (valve lift) pressure up • Behind the Jeep/Ram spinoff chatter • Demon to beat Exorcist?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sergio confirms media went out of context with VW,defends killing Dart,200

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Alexbucks, Mar 16, 2017.

1. aldo90731

aldo90731 Active Member Level III Supporter

In all fairness, you work at Truck Central. Correct?

I would imagine the bulk of sales in the Fraser Valley are Ram pickups.

2. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

Across BC, 200s are rotting away. Not just us in the Fraser Valley. My anecdotes regarding the repurposes of 200s is commonplace at any dealership in our province.

But yes - we could easily keep the doors open being "City Jeep and Ram".

aldo90731 likes this.
  3. Ian

Ian Car Freak

Local dealer has about 10 2016 brand new 200's on their used car lot...

4. RobbieAG

RobbieAG New Member

I must say I was shocked when they cancelled the Dart and 200 after they spent so much time and effort to develop and promote them. Both are attractive and well-designed vehicles. After further reflection, I can understand using the existing production capacity to make the most profitable and in demand vehicles they can. Small and mid-sized CUVs are the hottest thing there is right now and they’re selling all the Jeep Cherokees (and Compasses?) they can build. I don’t see that changing any time soon even if gas prices go up since they’re relatively fuel efficient.

DAGAR, freshforged and Prabhjot like this.
  5. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

It's a sad thing but what can we expect when marketing for the car effectively ended shortly after launch? I love my 200S. I have the feeling it's going to be a rare bird in a few years much like the "refreshed" 2008 Magnum has become.