Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sergio Marchionne talks about Lancia brand...

Discussion in 'Fiat News & Rumors' started by Medicin-Man, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Medicin-Man

Medicin-Man Active Member

Precisely. The Delta, for example, would most probably be almost universally bought by men. However, Lancia also introduced models like the Ypsilon or Musa which have always appealed to women more. Especially the Musa should, in my opinion, make a comeback. Perhaps, as a small crossover.

2. Lampredi

Lampredi Active Member

The market is already saturated with such nonsense, it would be great if Lancia could cater to a different niche.

Medicin-Man likes this.
  3. Medicin-Man

The market is far from saturated. Anyway, I would like to see an electric halo car. I know it will be heresy for some, but an electric Stratos would be a great vehicle. Or Delta, pick one...

4. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

The problem with electrics, at least in North America, is infrastructure, just not enough range, or enough charging stations. Add to that , there are multiple types of chargers, including the Tesla superchargers, how can you be sure to find one when you need it? I would like to see both Lancia and Chrysler move into that space though, as FCA is very deficient there, and it would differentiate both brands from the rest. Start with hybrids though, like Chrysler attempted with the Aspen SUV, pre-merger. For North America at least, hybridizing larger vehicles makes good sense both economically and for Brand positioning/bragging rights as well as EPA ratings for fuel economy. If your large vehicles get outstanding mileage AND performance, thats a win-win, IMO. How about a nice Giorgio based Lancia, with a hybrid powertrain, and lots of power? It would probably outsell the Alfa!

Medicin-Man likes this.
  5. Medicin-Man

The Giorgio platform should have hybrid capabilities anyway. As for the types of chargers, Europe usually uses standardised ones, excl. the UK that always has to be special. By the way, Lancia would certainly utilise the Chrysler Portal concept. Unfortunately, Lancia might be sold to one of the Chinese companies that are knocking on FCA's door these days. In that case, anything is possible.

jimboy likes this.
  6. Medicin-Man

BASONE88 and AlfaCuda like this.
  7. Medicin-Man

8. AlfaCuda

AlfaCuda Active Member

Thinking out aloud: The Giorgio based Dodge CUV that's to be built in Italy opens a door for an European version. I mean why not sell some where it's produced? Doesn't make sense not to imo.

We know that Dodge doesn't and won't sell in EU. We know big Fiats usually don't work. We know Alfa Romeo is positioned as a very sporting brand and has SUVs already and in the pipeline.

Then could the European version work as a Lancia?

9. BASONE88

Supporter

Love the idea! That or put a diesel in it. For it is torque(in part) that makes a car fun-to-drive! But remember, if it is too expensive, it won't appeal to a large crowd either. And(obviously) there has to be a large "value-appeal" quotient.

If Lancia could first) come to North America as a sort of Toyota or Honda or Subaru or Mazda - and build a reputation for quality and value(and appeal), and (simultaneously) offer some alternative-better-hybrid solutions, I feel it would be a success. For example, like when Chrysler developed the JA platform in the early "90's - the "cloud-cars" revolutionized the class(with such a special design, as well). Of course, Lancia couldn't do that exact car again - rather it would conform to current regulations.

But wouldn't it be cool to have an Italian brand mixing it up with the likes of the Japanese brands?
    Please no. It looks just like a just like a Saturn wagon from the '90's! We call them "P.O.S. cars.."

10. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Active Member

If you're going to make that kind of comparison, then the Saturn S series cars are the wrong ones to do it wtih.

The very fact that hundreds of thousands of Saturn S series cars are STILL in daily service is a testament to the reliability and durability of those cars.

I think it would actually be a GOOD idea for Lancia to try to re-occupy the market space that Saturn once held!

jimboy and geraldg like this.
  11. BASONE88

Supporter

I agree.:)I just hope it doesn't look like that!
    images.jpg
    The reviews seem to be great and I would hope for Lancia to have that kind of success. This look just didn't appeal to me.

12. KrisW

KrisW Active Member

The car in the picture looks like a late 1990s car because it is one: the Lancia Lybra SW, made from 1998 to 2005.

Like most Lancias of the period, its beauty was on the inside:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AvengerGuy, Morty and AlfaCuda like this.
  13. Medicin-Man

And it’s a very dependable car as well. In Czech Republic, it is the most popular Lancia model, by quite a margin. I would love to see it make a comeback, actually. If the article is based on truth, it could be a good idea. A strategic alliance is precisely what Lancia could benefit from given the relative scarcity of resources at FCA. The question would be, though, what could eventually be drawn from FCA’s own engineering. Platform? Engines? Or just styling? We will see in May, probably. Long live Lancia, then...

By the way, I was lucky to see a Chrysler Pacifica in the streets of Prague. And that car would certainly be miles ahead of the ancient Voyager. Let’s hope FCA will re-consider Flex manufacturing because, otherwise, it has very limited scope when it comes to manufacturing sites and distribution of models.

Erik Latranyi, BASONE88 and jimboy like this.
  14. Hashim Shaz

Hashim Shaz Member

It Will Be 2022 Before Lancia Gets Anything

15. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

Please stop this childishness.

Allpar is not the place for games like this. We are not a fan-site or normal forum.

Running around dropping clearly fabricated information, as you have been doing, will get you banned.

16. Morty

Morty Active Member

Now of course we should all listen to HIS command:eek:
    What do you know about what will happen in 2022 regarding Lancia? Do l believe we will get something new in 2022? l would not hold my breath. However, with your great knowledge - like stating that the old Fiat group only has moderate experience with turbocharged engines - why not enlighten us peasants?
    With your never ending derogatory comments on other people´s posts, l know who l would vote to be banned.
    Have a nice evening.

17. Hashim Shaz

Hashim Shaz Member

Lancia WILL Get NEW Products ONLY IN THE 2019-2022 TIMEFRAME NOT BEFORE

18. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

So, which is it? Or, are you just a troll?

19. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

He makes it up as he posts. There is no consistency and nothing is in-line with what we believe is coming.

I hope he will be gone soon.

20. richmond

richmond Guest

Maybe you could ask Mr. Ayaz Mahmood to give you a copy of the Lancia timeframe to share with us.