AF: Sergio on merging, Dart, and 200 | Page 34 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sergio on merging, Dart, and 200

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Mar 2, 2016.

1. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

A rose has many thorns or better put, the sheen of the Apple may be wearing thin.

jerseyjoe likes this.
  2. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

Before buying my car, I drove and looked at the Kia Optima and Hyundai Sontana (I looked and test drove everything under the sun usually more then once). I dropped the Hyundai pretty fast and Kia was quickly after that. They cost about the same price as a better equipped 200 , and the Kia and Hyundai were loaded with cheap plastic, hard plastic, all over the place. I was not impressed at all. They look fine, and are ages better then they used to be. They are a good car, but the 200 was just so much better. The Mazda6 was better, the Fusion and Malibu were better.

The Kia and Hyundai also both shared this "no steering feel." There was none. They sort of glided, and when you turned, it sort of just did. It felt sterile and electric if that makes sense. The 200 in lower trims turns smoothly, but has nice bite if you need it. It doesn't feel electrical. The higher trim 200's, from the S onward to the C had great steering, tuned a bit stiffer, and beat any car in the steering department except maybe the Mazda6 I drove. The interior of a Chrysler 200 Limited was better then a $27k mid range Sontana or Optima. The interior of a 200S or 200C is no contest better then the Optima, Sontana, 6, Fusion, and Malibu, Camry, and Accord. No one came close.

3. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

I sat in a new '16 Malibu the other day. I found they really took a step back in the look of the interior. I really like the integration of the iPhone and android but the rest of the interior looked plain.

The 200 is far nicer and for the prive I could have the 3.6L 9 spd.

Wil

Ryan and Mopartial like this.
  4. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

I agree. The newer Malibu's did take a step back. Still a lot of plastic in them for a mid range one too. Chrysler has it easily beat. The Dart has it beat in it's top trim. Ha ha!

PCRMike likes this.
  5. Mopartial

Mopartial Fits and Finishes

Glad to read that as I think the "cloud cars" did not get the respect they deserved. The car, specifically, the Stratus, had become a national joke, thanks to SNL. I had a '96 and it performed wonderfully on slick roads. Had a tight feel to it and a nice ride which I have not experienced in any car its size of any make, although I haven't ridden in or driven the newest 200.
    The Stratus' big brother, the Intrepid, was the best car I ever owned.

PCRMike and Mike V. like this.
  6. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

You are not worth arguing with... You will simply spin my comments to fit your narrative of how much better your Kia is then a current Chrysler product.

It's your SOP, constantly complain about anything that is post 1998 Chrysler while praising Kia, who killed the bread and butter car.

Life is too short... It is what it is.

Mike

#666 Mike V., Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    PCRMike and burtstwins like this.
  7. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Seems FCA is missing the boat, should be giving Orange Dart GTs to burger joints for prizes that would be in kids faces. They will grow up thinking these are supercars and might even get dad to buy one or a Doge. It worked several times for me as a kid.
    Kids are the way to their parents wallets.

Might be late for reviving Dart but its better than sitting on the back of the lot.

#667 jerseyjoe, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016