AF: Seven Jeep concepts for Moab | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seven Jeep concepts for Moab

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Jeep has launched seven Jeep concepts for Moab — one using a 1960s body on a 2005 Wrangler chassis, one with Hellcat power. For the stories and photos behind these Jeep concept cars for Moab 2016, see our photo-and-story series. Mentioned in this article... 2011 Moab Easter Jeep Safari Concept Cars — and New Pickup Kit 2015 Jeep Moab concepts: Red Rock Responder, Staff Car, Chief, and more Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep concept cars Jeep Concepts at […]
    Read the whole post here.

2. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

OMG is it wrong that I love the Comanche?

If we going to get a small truck instead of rebadging a Fiat... I love the little guy. Plus the Chinese market would way better respond and could be sold at a premium in EU.

freshforged, Zagnut27 and UN4GTBL like this.
  3. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Dat Crew Chief tho

Although the Comanche concept really through me for a loop - I like it too

4. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

Want.
    Want.
    Want.
    Want.
    Want.
    Want...

and Super Duper Uber WANT that Crew Chief!

SCHAAAAAA - WING!!!!

Jeepnut, Max Wedge, Zagnut27 and 2 others like this.
  5. Ruptured Duck

Ruptured Duck Active Member

Hope both are hints to the type of bed design we will see for the Wrangler pickup.

crmarczak and UN4GTBL like this.
  6. Ruptured Duck

Will have to X2 you on that one!

7. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

The Commanche is a surprise...at least for me...neat idea for a light duty little truck. I wouldn't mind something like that to haul tools, supplies, doggies, mother-in-law, etc. :)

8. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

total surprise.... My son would instantly be in the market to replace in Ranger

UN4GTBL, freshforged and Zagnut27 like this.
  9. KrisW

KrisW Well-Known Member

Three pickups (Comanche, Crew Chief 175, FC-150).. It's almost like Jeep is trying to tell people something ;)

I've mixed feelings about how they built the FC-150... maybe the donor's running gear was beyond repair, but whenever I see something like this I always think "hey, why didn't you restore it..."

Comanche is such an obvious vehicle: once you see it, you wonder why you didn't think of it yourself. Renegade has sold well enough that a variant might be on the cards... the only problem would be finding plant capacity to build it.

Oh, and Comanche is also a diesel. The right choice for a pickup, but an odd choice for a country where the donor car isn't offered with diesel power.

UN4GTBL and Zagnut27 like this.
  10. Dr. Jeep

Dr. Jeep Well-Known Member

Regarding the Comanche--it doesn't seem possible that you would be able to go from the Renegade to the truck on a unibody without major rework to the body to handle the structural changes--unless Renegade was planned for a truck from the very beginning. Can they even take that thing on the trail without it ripping itself apart? I like the concept, but I doubt it would ever see production.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  11. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

Crew Chief...... <droooooool>. Can't get enough of that front end. Bed looks awesome too.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  12. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

They've put a HEllcat in a Wrangler, they are putting a Hellcat in a Grand Cherokee...

I wonder how much a Hellcat crate engine is...
    ...I wonder if a Hellcat would fit into a Fiat 500?

Mounted behind the driver, and RWD of course...

Just sayin...

13. TheMan

TheMan What color are the clouds in your world?
    Level III Supporter

Do you think know they do not know the limts of commanche? Or what the trails in moab treasure for stiffness.all they have go do is read myin old in my old files for mj.i had all the trails converted from rms to free inches for vci calcs.

GasAxe, ScramFan, wrighb493 and 4 others like this.
  14. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

LOL, so where exactly would you hauling your "mother-in-law", that you would need a 4wd Jeep truck?

Zagnut27 and Max Wedge like this.
  15. Dr. Jeep

Dr. Jeep Well-Known Member

Lol... the XJ and MJ are notorious for body cracking... not a great example.

16. Ruptured Duck

Interesting that both the Comanche and the Crew Chief have similar looking beds and both are 5'..... Just saying I'm 100% OK with that look and size for my Jeep pickup. Like the common side rail tie-downs as well. They look like what a Wrangler bed should be, but that's just me.

Would be very cool if the styling elements of Shortcut were used on an A-segment Jeep. :)

It is interesting to note (Shortcut) the width and, as stated in another thread, the grill design. Think we see more than we know. I read somewhere that the one dislike of the current JK Wrangler was the "Jeep" name on the grill. I have no problem with it being placed back where it belongs on side of the front fender as we see on Shortcut.

crmarczak, UN4GTBL, Zagnut27 and 3 others like this.
  17. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

Comanche can be done... one would have to look no further then the MJ... another to make it look like a separate bed but not... they have the tools Bob's old notes and the FEA group in India it just a structural but solvable problem

18. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Comanche looks awesome! I think it would be a huge seller worldwide if ever offered. Wonder how close the bed will be (design wise, not dimension wise) for the production JT?

UN4GTBL and TripleT like this.
  19. wvutuba

wvutuba Well-Known Member

Every year when they bring out the concepts, I'm reminded of how much I want to put solid steel wheels on my JK.

The Comanche caught me off guard, but I find it intriguing at the very least. I'm in love with both the Crew Chief and the Shortcut concepts.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  20. TheMan

TheMan What color are the clouds in your world?
    Level III Supporter

I I [email protected] SURE DON'T SEE ANY POSITIVE INPUT FROM YOU.OR THE FIAT MINIONS HINTMMK WAS DONE IN THE SAME MANNER AS B VAN [email protected] wERE