AF: Seven Jeep concepts for Moab | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seven Jeep concepts for Moab

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Mar 10, 2016.

1. TheMan

TheMan What color are the clouds in your world?
    Level III Supporter

They were the same people at one time1o990to 1997.

2. TheMan

Level III Supporter

Been carefulthere....look more ' closely at this front hubs on the Allred one.mopar parts $none warn style locking guess coming fierce. The new axles?

3. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

Personally I think they need to bring back International as a brand of trucks and UV/SUV's.

The Scouts, and Scout II's were pretty darn good In their day.

WS23Mopar likes this.
  4. TheMan

Level III Supporter

My kids would love for me to come back to ft wayne.my current wife hoewever...not so much.

5. xjgary

xjgary Well-Known Member

I love all 3 pick-ups! The rest of the concepts didn't get a second look from me, especially the weird paint jobs. But what I found noteworthy is that the Renegade PU had the Active Drive system with a low range, plus had a locking rear diff and an engine (diesel-Yes!!) with enough low end grunt to take on trails. But I suspect the diesel would not be offered in NA sadly, while being a great seller in the rest of the world. And as I understand it, Fiat has plenty of plant capacity in other parts of the world where they already build the Renegade. Now if only they could do something about that suspension. The recent videos of these things on trails just makes me cringe. And the spare tire needs to move. I love the look of the Gladiator too, but would hope they made a model with just one row of seats.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  6. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

You're missing the entire point.

dmcdonald and UN4GTBL like this.
  7. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

LOL, your current wife?

How often are you supposed to change those?

UN4GTBL and Zagnut27 like this.
  8. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Jeep buyer and Ram buyer are two different buyers with different expectations and needs.

None of these Jeep truck concepts can do what a Ram can do... And *most* Rams can not do what a Jeep does.

So no, I am not reading into it more than I should.

Mike

UN4GTBL likes this.
  9. Mike V.

Not as shown, but many aspects of the design exercises shown in these 6 concepts most definently will make production.

Mike

GasAxe, dmcdonald and Ruptured Duck like this.
  10. Mike V.

You see what I see and are still batting above 800. ;)

Mike

HotCarNut likes this.
  11. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

I could very well see Jeep producing trucks, both for the US, and for the rest of the world. There could easily be enough "mission" separation to allow for both Ram and Jeep trucks, in the same dealer lots. Internationally, to help make them a true global brand, a Jeep truck would be needed to take on the Toyotas, and Nissans of the world.

Mike V. likes this.
  12. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

both the truck beds look identical so for me that BIG hint.. I see a common rake on the grills and around the wind shield on Wranglers... little confused on why the lamps are not flush but there is time for that I suppose.

The Wrangler based Truck make big sense for North America... let's FCA go mid-sized without going in the same location as GM and soon Ford... hell maybe even VW but certainly Honda... suddenly crowded segment.

The Comanche on the other hand would I pray be sold in NA also but makes most sense in EU and South America as a premium over the Fiat... in Asia where Fiat is a Non-starter. A RAM version hmmmmmmm it would be nice but is there room for two small pickups... Mexico yes ... IDK about here.

13. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

Bob is back ! I love it !!

dmcdonald, WS23Mopar and UN4GTBL like this.
  14. grungerockjeeper

grungerockjeeper Well-Known Member

FCs are just awesome. Id love an original, or even something like the 'Mighty FC' from a few years back. TrailCat is pure win, and I love the ShortCut too. I figured it'd be a matter of time before a CJ-5 homage using the rear doors of the JKU surfaced.

15. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Oh...hey...did I say mother-in-law?? That must've been a typo...darn spell correct...I meant to say lawn mower...yeah, that's it! LOL!!

UN4GTBL likes this.
  16. Mike V.

I have no issue with a Jeep Truck like what we believe is coming with The JL based truck and/or even something like the Commanche concept.

I do, however, have an issue with the idea that Jeep could provide a full line up of trucks similar to Ram.

Mike

freshforged and TripleT like this.
  17. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

I love those FC's, and wish I could find one too. My wife thinks they're ugly...I'm convinced she doesn't know true beauty! :)

xjgary likes this.
  18. BEEAH

BEEAH Well-Known Member

Holy hell that Crew Chief is absolutely badass looking. The proportions the colors everything is just epic. Damn that's got to be one of the best looking vehicle concepts I've seen or have been excited about in a decade.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  19. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

I know there's supposed to be a Jeep in these pics...but I am just not seeing it! :D

20. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

I believe one problem with Rams is that they are too wide for Europe? Would a smaller, and I'm assuming more narrow Jeep truck be more acceptable? Just wondering out loud...