AF: Seven Jeep concepts for Moab | Page 4 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seven Jeep concepts for Moab

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Mar 10, 2016.

1. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

The Comanche is perfect

Zagnut27 likes this.
  2. Ruptured Duck

Ruptured Duck Active Member

I love them as well.. As I type this we have one about 100 feet down the hall in our entry show room. I think Bob would appreciate the owners collection.
    Sitting next to it is a 1963 white Wagoneer and next to it a low mileage 1978 J10.... Nice eye candy every morning on my way to my office.

3. xjgary

xjgary Well-Known Member

Every 50,000 miles or when the get obnoxious, whichever comes first.

4. Ruptured Duck

Would be very nice. In another press release this is what they described for the FC. Said it was built on top of a TJ? It does state a modified chassis to except the D44 and D60? When you say "Allred" you are referring to the FC? ..... By the way ....... GREAT to have you back!

"Jeep FC 150
    A true American workhorse, this 1960 Jeep FC 150 concept vehicle is rich with heritage and built to tackle both challenging rocky trails and the harshness of a western cattle ranch. Originally built from 1956 to 1965, the FC 150 is based on the CJ-5 and offers a clever packaging solution by keeping overall length to a minimum for maneuverability, but maintaining a full-length cargo box for utility.

This heritage Jeep vehicle continues to utilize its original steel body that proudly bears battle scars while components underneath have been revamped. The FC 150’s off-road prowess has been enhanced courtesy of a 2005 Jeep Wrangler chassis modified to accept a Dana 44 front axle, Dana 60 rear axle and 17-inch white steel wheels wrapped in 33-inch BF-Goodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 tires."

5. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

This is a family forum, otherwise I would have the comeback of the century for that one.

6. xjgary

xjgary Well-Known Member

Post some photos of these beauties!

Obviously they are doing this to see what generates the most interest before they commit to a final PU design. Which tells me that an FC might be possible, a Gladiator/715 look to the Wrangler-based PU is possible, and a PU with a Wrangler front clip is also possible. But back in the 50's/60's the Willys Utility PU, FC 150 and FC170 were all available at the same time and it was a small company then. And even a few dual cab FC170's. I don't think the J series PU's and Willy's style PU's overlapped, but for a year or so they might have. I love them all!

7. crmarczak

crmarczak Active Member

I do have to say the Shortcut is exactly what I want in a Wrangler, nice tiny two seater offroad sports car. Well I tell myself its a sports car lol

Zagnut27 likes this.
  8. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

No, that's not the issue in regards to Jeep having a full line of trucks similar to Ram.

Mike

9. Ruptured Duck

"Post some photos of these beauties!"

oops.... They moved the J10 today. There are some other interesting ones in there.. :)
    There are more down in another building.

Not this one .gif

#69 Ruptured Duck, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    Cornupenuria, GasAxe, UN4GTBL and 9 others like this.
  10. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Oh, no I didn't mean that. I was just wondering if the Jeep trucks would be more appealing for the European market in general. I probably should have clarified that...;)

11. Ruptured Duck

Now I gotta ask..... Would Shortcut meet the required exemption from roll-over crash standards based off the way they have it setup? Would it now fall within the convertible loophole? :p

12. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

If that's the case, then I would have been replaced a long time ago! :)

xjgary and HotCarNut like this.
  13. TheMan

TheMan What color are the clouds in your world?
    Level III Supporter

I was......that is why I have an,ex-What I don't state in polite company.

HotCarNut, Mike V. and Zagnut27 like this.
  14. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

I think you are, but to each his own.

15. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

16. zack_falcon

zack_falcon Active Member

The Jeep Shortcut...

Could that front grille be a preview of (or be somewhat similar to) what's coming in the next Wrangler?

IDK, from the main photo, it looks kinda bent, and the headlights do seem to intrude on the outer slots.

Also, it says red shifter handle, but I'm not seeing any.

17. grungerockjeeper

grungerockjeeper Well-Known Member

No, this would be a bad move. Mike V is 100% right in what he said. But keep in mind that Dodge has ALWAYS had a full line of pickups. Why throw away decades of heritage and brand equity? Jeep has always been sport utility focused. Pickups were just niche offerings that had something different from everyone else. Theyre getting back to that, and its the right move. And what about the frustration with FCA's identity crisis? Splitting Ram off is just the same kind of confusing musical chairs that FCA has been creating a LOT of turmoil in doing. SRT as a separate brand, Chrysler as near luxury and/or whatever 'mainstream' is supposed to be, etc. Doing a Wrangler pickup with any related variants and leaving it at that is the right move. It wont cannibalize Ram sales much, but will draw off a lot of Tacoma buyers. It will be so different that it will draw buyers from all over. But it wont replace anything over at Ram.

JKU12 and ScottB like this.
  18. xjgary

xjgary Well-Known Member

Nice! I'd probably drool all myself every time I walked by. Where is this?

19. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

Not wrong in any way...I love the Comanche too!

xjgary likes this.
  20. Robinson

Robinson Member

And FCA is not only making new grills and putting on fat tyres, a lot is going on underneath as well.

Link: AN: Fiat Toro in Michigan?

[​IMG]