Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky slider roof for jeep cherokee liberty 2009

Discussion in 'Repairs, Maintenance, Help' started by Giovanni Falcetta, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Giovanni Falcetta

Giovanni Falcetta New Member

Goodmorning to everybody, i Have recented bouth a jeep cherokee liberty 2009 with a sky slider roof.
    I used it few times but now it does not work anymore, because the right side of guide does not run.
    I loocked to repair it but the jeep italia said that i have to sostitude all the roof spending more of 2000 euro.
    So i'am very disperate, because is so expensive. Is that possible?
    I appreciate for any possible help.
    Best regards

Giovanni falcetta

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. A drive cable may be sticking? Do you hear the electric motor running? There is a front and rear glass drive motor.
    There was a TSB #23-003-10 that discussed lubrication and a Sky Slider control module reflash for some vehicles with wind noise/non-auto function.
    TSB 23-003-10 - SkySlider Wind Noise (2-27-2010)

There was also a TechTip:
    Please do not replace the frame assembly or ECU for a Sky Slider with an inoperable condition. Use the Sky Slider toggle switch to cycle the front and rear header and use the scan tool to determine which motor is non-functional. Order motor 68032413AC. Note that the forward motor in vehicle position operates the front header of the Sky Slider and the rear motor in vehicle position operates the rear header. Once a new motor is installed, please cycle the front and rear headers 10 times to verify motor function.

There is motors, cables and limited hardware available separately if needed. The assembly without the motors is also available if needed. You will have to diagnose this first. Confirm the last diagnosis saying that you needed the whole assembly.
    Replacing the entire assembly is less labor than removing the old assembly and trying to repair the problem. I don't know how far they went into the diagnosis in order to determine that the new assembly was needed.
    The whole assembly is expensive if you need it for the repair. I see a Mopar part # 68055315AF.

3. Giovanni Falcetta

Giovanni Falcetta New Member