AF: Small Wide 3 row Jeep coming worldwide! | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Wide 3 row Jeep coming worldwide!

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by T_690, Feb 15, 2020 at 7:20 AM.

1. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

ScramFan likes this.
  2. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Basically a longer three row Compass?

3. hotmach

hotmach Not an insider !

Maybe good for elsewhere in the world, i find my Cherokee small for my family of three. I don't understand this proposed vehicle.

4. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

Ive read that there is a Fiat SUV coming based off the Toro, there is Spyshot of a full covered mule and its wearing 500L wheels. Could this simply be the Jeep version we are talking about?

5. LeeRyder

LeeRyder Well-Known Member

Given the link, I'm not holding my breath.

6. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

More evolved version of Small Wide. If we can it Small Wide anymore.

Compass is already similarly sized as Cherokee in interior. This will be... Bigger! A lot bigger inside. I suspect that this will be offered both as 2 and 3 row model.

Most likely this will not be offered in North America or at least not as Jeep.

Currently there is only spyshot of a 3 row Jeep SUV. So that's it.

From another article:

The president of FCA in Latin America, Antonio Filosa, also said that the brand will launch, by 2022, at least 3 SUVs. Two of them will have the Fiat brand, and one will be from Jeep.

"Back there, we decided to divide the brands, leaving Jeep with SUVs and Fiat with the other segments. Now, we think it is time for Fiat to have an SUV," said the executive.

The manufacturer says that Fiat models will have "democratic" prices. "Fiat's SUV's have to have a regional identity, but at the same time, Italian. Fiat is a friendly, democratic brand. It has to be accessible."

One, which arrives in early 2021, will be positioned below the Jeep Renegade. The other, scheduled for launch between the end of next year and the beginning of 2022, will be based on the Fiat Fastback, a concept shown at the 2018 Auto Show . Both will be produced in Betim (MG).

The SUV with the Jeep brand will have 7 seats, with production confirmed for Goiana (PE). This model will be global, but with a large part of local development. According to Filosa, he will have a positioning more focused on luxury.

Fiat promete dois SUV's 'democráticos' e confirma novos motores 1.0 e 1.3 turbo (at https://g1.globo.com/carros/noticia/2020/02/12/fiat-promete-dois-suvs-democraticos-e-confirma-novos-motores-10-e-13-turbo.ghtml )

cygnus, UN4GTBL and ScramFan like this.
  7. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yeah, I was thinking this wouldn’t make it to the US since we're getting the 3-row GC and the Wagoneer. I’m not sure they’d need this as a Jeep, or if it would be desired as such. But as a Chrysler or another brand, I think it could work. 3-row CUV’s are popular right now, the added room and seating capacity is desirable.

I don’t know how the size of this vehicle would compare to the Journey, but in my head I can see it as a possible replacement if only for what it is...a smaller 3-row CUV.

8. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

Mystery SUV Spied For The First Time - Is It Fiat Or Jeep? (at https://www.motor1.com/news/398635/jeep-fiat-suv-spied-first-time/ )

[​IMG]

9. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

Im not going to asume this will be RWD based (even if its indeed mixed with Giorgio) but could the European solution be PSA based? or is that too soon.

#10 tomaz, Feb 15, 2020 at 11:40 AM
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020 at 11:48 AM
  10. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

No, it says that platform will use Small Wide as base but with some elements from Giorgio like rear end. That rear end may mean a lot of different things. For example C pillar like on Stelvio which helps with handling, or for example rear suspension type/design, or even both.

From what I know this Jeep should share a lot with upcoming Alfa Tonale. Let's call it Small Wide Evo or Small Wide Wide or Small WIde v2.0. LOL

PSA platforms? I don't see PSA platforms suitable for Jeep or for Alfa Romeo for C/compact segment.
    When it comes to mechanics PSA platforms are usually very low on evolutionary tree. For example no mechanical AWD, no independent rear suspension... Something which is not suitable for Jeep or Alfa Romeo.
    And this is if we exclude the fact that FCA and PSA can not start joint development before 2021 due to antitrust. If they do they will be slapped with huge fine by European Commission.

ScramFan likes this.
  11. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

The plan of a few years back showed there would be a 3-row version of practically every Jeep model.

Jeeps Unlimited...?

UN4GTBL and Zagnut27 like this.
  12. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Jeep Beyond Unlimited?

Would be nice to see a Chrysler for a change...