Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Son bought a new 200- I'm impressed

Discussion in '200, Avenger/Sebring, Cirrus/Stratus/Breeze' started by 225Aspens, Sep 5, 2012.

1. 225Aspens

225Aspens Member

Due to some weird circumstances, my son sold his 09 Caliber to his siter and had to buy a new immediately. He looked at the Dart but went for a 2012 Deep Cherry red 200 with a V6 and the S Appearance package. He let me drive it a bit this weekend and I am impressed. Nice acceleration, nice styling.

2. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Kudos to your son for a nice choice for a new ride. And I'm sure your daughter will be happy with the Caliber. I loved my 08 Caliber.

3. blackstratus

blackstratus Well-Known Member

Nice choice and the 3.6 is a nice engine. Has great power and if you keep your foot out of it, will do well on gas too

4. saltydog

saltydog Well-Known Member

Congrats!

5. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

The 200 is so much more pleasant to look at than the old Sebring. Both are JS bodies. Gone are the busy hood strakes and contorted Euro/American styling themes (according to Daimler) that ruined what could have been an otherwise good looking car.
    The attention to quiet and pretty in even the little details really makes a big difference in the whole feel of the car. The 200 and sister Avenger have really picked up popularity around here. The mid-size bread and butter sedans are an important sales segment for Chrysler and need to be done well.

wolfsblood07 likes this.
  6. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

Five months and 3500 miles, we love our 200 with 4-cyl 6-speed auto. Very quiet, smooth, rides and handles great.

7. motogeezer

motogeezer Member

I recently acquired a 2013 200S with retractable hard top. 3.6 motor. I'm liking it a lot so far. It's showing 55k miles. Found it on the Carmax web site. They shipped it from their Albany NY location to my local branch in Orlando FL, where I traded in my 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary convertible on it. Like the idea of a retractable hardtop. After a several year search, finally found one ;)

JA Cumbo and ImperialCrown like this.
  8. captn

captn Active Member

I have 2011 200 which we really enjoy but having the convertible top my wife finds the trunk so heavy to open. Is this just the age of the vehicle or are they all like that?