Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speedometer needle jumping,warning lights flashing

Discussion in 'Repairs, Maintenance, Help' started by Ron Kramer, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Ron Kramer

Ron Kramer New Member

i have a 08 patriot recently while driving ,all the warning lights started flashing ,speedometer needle started jumping warning chime started ringing radio turned off and on. this happened the first time about 3 weeks ago then again yesterday. anybody else have this problem Ron rpkrmr@gmail

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. Check and make sure that all fuses/breakers are pushed in and seated in your TIPM. Make sure that all connectors are seated and locked in their receptacles, both at the TIPM and under the dash. Make sure that all underhood and underdash grounds are clean and tight.
    Any added accessories like alarms, etc? Any aftermarket modules spliced in under the dash to the ignition switch? Battery terminals removed and cleaned?
    Note any symptoms and diagnose first. Service information and wiring diagrams for underhood and underdash splice/ground locations may help.

Ron Kramer likes this.
  3. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

We had something similar happen to our '09 Journey at about the 40K mile mark. When my wife started the vehicle at work one night, all the idiot (warning lights) were cycling, wipers wiping every few seconds (switch was off) and headlights flashing on/off. Engine and transmission were operating normally. At the time we suspected the CAN (Cabin Area Network) or CCN-C bus (I forget which it had). Never did find out what it was as the vehicle was out of warranty and we traded it for a '10 Journey SXT. Dealer must have fixed it as it as they had it listed for sale a week or so later. Wife did not want a vehicle that went "Christine" on us.

4. Ron Kramer

Ron Kramer New Member

thank you will look an all grounds and clean battery posts ,cable connections as soon as weather permits i dont like working in -4 temp dont have a garage and no room in the barn