NewsDoes the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test • Is this the new Chrysler crossover?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRT Appearance Packages

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Mike V., Mar 10, 2017.

1. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

That AWD code just made me jump back in my seat a bit. Thought ol' @redriderbob was going to have to trade-in sooner than he had hoped!

UN4GTBL likes this.
  2. freshforged

freshforged Active Member Level 2 Supporter

hope not--don't get me wrong--srt charger looks amazing, but I don't think they should be causing consumer confusion between models with the goods and those that don't.

UN4GTBL and James A like this.
  3. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged Level III Supporter

SRT will probably still look different.

4. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

Care to give us a little DarkSky rendition on what an SXT and an SRT next gen Charger may look like? ;)

James A likes this.
  5. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Doesn't have a HEMI!

6. adaptabl

adaptabl Member

I would not hold my breath on that one. Spending that much money with that little potential of return does not make business sense. The 200 and the Dart left a bad taste on FCA's mouth. They would be much wiser to invest that money in an SUV or a truck. I really think cars are done for FCA. Milk what you can from the current design then kill it off.

7. James A

James A Member

RENDERING PLEASE!!!!!!

8. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

You a simply incorrect.

Mike

oruandy, freshforged, danbek and 4 others like this.
  9. oh2o

oh2o Moderator Level III Supporter

"Little potential of return"? Seriously? The development of the next gen Charger and Challenger is well under way and set to launch in 2020. New SUV's are of course also in the pipeline.

caine440, freshforged, danbek and 9 others like this.
  10. TripleT

TripleT Active Member

I am glad this didn't come out earlier, I wouldn't have had as good a excuse to get a Scat Pack

MoparJoe and Mike V. like this.
  11. redriderbob

Makes a lot of sense. The architecture will be underpinning several Alfa and Dodge vehicles... as did Fiat based CUSW did for Dodge and Chrysler. Charger and Challenger as well as a Journey replacement are all to be on the architecture currently. Sergio also confirmed that the Grand Cherokee and Durango would be based off this architecture too. There is marketing studies going on by FCA right now for a mid-size RWD based car to come to market as well. Having one architecture for these performance cars makes a lot of sense. So I have no idea where you are coming at with that statement?

And by the way the full-size cars actually do make quite a bit of money.

freshforged, danbek, CivoLee and 7 others like this.
  12. TripleT

TripleT Active Member

They make money... mid-sized didn't. Volume become less important when you making $$

danbek and Mike V. like this.
  13. redriderbob

With Chervrolet back out of the cop car fleet sales... Dodge is the only one who battles Ford. Ford Police Interceptor Utility (errr Explorer) has been outselling the sedan. However, Dodge Charger Pursuit outsells the Ford Police Interceptor Sedan (errr Taurus). Dodge will be adding a Durango Pursuit model soon to battle Ford. Yes, finally a Durango that is pursuit rated with more cooling and bigger brakes.

Dodge sold 95,437 Chargers in the US in 2016. Dodge also sold 64,433 Challengers in the US, while Chrysler sold 53,241 300s in the US.

Just US sales for the Brampton three were 213,111. Dodge is also a performance brand with most of its performance coming from three vehicles, Durango, Charger and Challenger. There is plenty of room for investment of the fullsize car lineup, or you wouldn't be seeing Dodge launch vehicles like the Challenger GT AWD or the new T/A and Daytona. Chrysler released the 300S Sport Appearance Package. These cars will be replaced in 2021 by Giorgio platform based cars. The new cars will be lighter thanks to finally getting a majority of suspension parts made from aluminum, have more efficient powertrains and will still be performance based.

somber, freshforged, danbek and 3 others like this.
  14. redriderbob

Dodge, Land Rover, Lamborghini draw youngest new-vehicle buyers, IHS report says (at http://www.autonews.com/article/20140505/RETAIL03/140509907/dodge-land-rover-lamborghini-draw-youngest-new-vehicle-buyers-his )

This article plans a big factor into the success of Dodge and its future in the next few years... Dodge is the brand that has the youngest average age of buyers than any other brand in the US.

danbek, UN4GTBL, TripleT and 3 others like this.
  15. dakrt99

dakrt99 Active Member

So, 2021MY? Do we "know" that they will have the same interior volume and large spacious trunks? I use my Challenger to go to Lowes, many times, lol. My record is 12 2x4x8s. :)

UN4GTBL, wtxiceman and James A like this.