NewsDoes the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test • Is this the new Chrysler crossover?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRT Appearance Packages

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Mike V., Mar 10, 2017.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Well that too you smart alec lol

Mike V. likes this.
  2. redriderbob

Who said concept.... Sergio has confirmed that the Journey replacement will be a completely different vehicle... hince the RWD/AWD Stelvio based crossover. Like I said looks like we will be getting a midsize Dodge RWD/AWD sedan (no HEMI power) but it won't appear till after the next Charger and Challenger launch. Not sure if there will be a Chrysler variant midsizer... sounds doubtful. Sergio confirmed the Durango and Grand Cherokee going to Giorgio based architectures at his annual press conference at NAIAS this year. No Dart replacement is planned. Still waiting to hear on the Mexican Neon coming to America and Canada as possibly a Chrysler sedan. The Viper replacement, probably won't be called Viper nor will be V-10 powered.

freshforged and James A like this.
  3. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged Level III Supporter

I've wondered about the SRT392 for a while. I wonder if in the next generation they will just have the top "SRT" without any variants like the 392 and Hellcat...

James A likes this.
  4. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Let's just say there will still be multiple variations. Remember, the Scat Pak and Daytona are technically SRT vehicles.

Mike

dakota21 and James A like this.
  5. redriderbob

[​IMG]

One of the most common mods to Scat Packs that I see....

UN4GTBL, GasAxe and Mike V. like this.
  6. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

That's cool! Well it's more than just SRT powered but we can leave it at that.

I've never seen that before, where can one be purchased?

Mike

7. redriderbob

Mopar392 and UN4GTBL like this.
  8. redriderbob

2DS = Charger R/T Max trim level

Mike V. likes this.
  9. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Which technically doesn't exist/being phased out now.

Mike

10. DarkSky

Oops, thought I already posted this. It's not next-gen, but if the next refresh does away with the crosshair grille I'd imagine an SXT would look something like this.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    UN4GTBL, freshforged, James A and 4 others like this.
  11. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

Am I crazy to wish that all Dodge product badged the displacement, regardless of Pentastar 3.6L, Hemi 5.7L, or Hemi 6.4L? We have some awesome engines at our disposal, and I think even an SXT would look nice if they added a 3.6L sexy badge on that grille that @DarkSky just rendered.

UN4GTBL and tomaz like this.
  12. DarkSky

I think adding a 3.6 badge would only cause more criticism for owners of the V6-powered "fake" muscle cars. And I don't mean that as a stab at other V6 owners since I own a Charger SXT myself.

If they could make a cool marketing scheme though and create a few special edition trim levels of the V6 cars that would be nice. Oh, and call them all GT instead of SXT. But anyway, that's not the purpose of this thread...

13. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

I think it would dove-tail nicely into the next generation of forced induction engines for Dodge. Get customers familiar with the great 305HP Pentastar now, in its naturally aspirated form, and then bring out the turbos.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  14. James A

James A Member

Side question - do you think Octane Red is gone after this year?

15. redriderbob

It's will probably stick around. One problem is there are three reds. I am personally sick of Torred, since it's been out every year since 2009. However, it's still the most popular red. If Octane Red disappears it might come back in a year or so. Remember it was on the 2014 100th Anniversary edition Chargers and Challengers and it disappeared until this year. B5 Blue, Plum Crazy, HEMI Orange and Sublime all have came and gone only to return again in recent years.

2007 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona has Sublime, it didn't return till 2015 on Challenger.

2008 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee had a B5 Blue option, it returned on select 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic and SRT8 models before returning to Charger and Challenger in 2015.

2007 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona had a Plum Crazy option, it came back on 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic and SRT8 models, and returned in 2016 on Charger and Challenger models.

See my point?