Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Started at my new job...

Discussion in 'Off Topic But Still Civil' started by page2171, Dec 19, 2017.

1. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

I mentioned somewhere that I retired from the Marine Corps this summer. Spending my last 4 years in Okinawa complicated the job search, and looking for a job in a different field than what I did in the Marine Corps didn't help. About a month ago I got a call from an HR recruiter from a company located about 1.5 hours north of where I have been living since coming back to the U.S. She had seen my resume online, and thought she had a few jobs I might be interested in. Anyway, to make a long story short, one of the jobs was pretty much exactly what I have been looking for, and I started on Monday. I'll be providing logistics analysis and support for the company that is making ships like the lone in the video below.

2. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

How cool is that!

Congratulations. Best wishes to you and yours.

Hope everything works out better than planned or expected.

It sounds quite positive.

TommyDodge likes this.
  3. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

Thank you! It is positive, and I am loving the new job.

Devildodge and TommyDodge like this.
  4. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

Excellent news. That can also be infectious for co-workers and people roundabout - all of which is a positive contribution. Hope it's just what the Doctor ordered for you -

TommyDodge and page2171 like this.
  5. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that someone that served our country actually caught a break. Thank you for your service and congratulations on the dream job!

JavelinAMX and TommyDodge like this.
  6. TommyDodge

TommyDodge Well-Known Member

Thank you for your service and congratulations on finding something what you were looking for
    There is nothing better in life than enjoying what you do for a living. Wishing you much success
    with you new job and hope that you will like it as much in a year as you do now. It is so good to
    hear that someone who has served our country has found success in civilian life!!

JavelinAMX and page2171 like this.