Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering column bushing

Discussion in 'Ram, pickups, commercial trucks' started by Mcgyvrr, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Mcgyvrr

Mcgyvrr New Member

Anyone have a supplier for 77 Power Wagon steering column parts? Having MAJOR problems finding one.

2. Mcgyvrr

Mcgyvrr New Member

Anyone have a supplier for 77 Power Wagon steering column parts? Having MAJOR problems finding one.

3. Mcgyvrr

Mcgyvrr New Member

4. Mcgyvrr

Mcgyvrr New Member

5. Mcgyvrr

Mcgyvrr New Member

6. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

Where is the bushing on a steering column, and what are the symptoms of a failed one?

7. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

And please don't cross-post in so many topics. Makes it impossible to consolidate responses to you.

8. Mcgyvrr

Mcgyvrr New Member

InkedIMG_0127_LI.jpg My bad, I've been searching and calling without any results, except if you find the parts let us know so we can fix them too.

I can grab the bell joint at the lower column and move the steering shaft. Everything is getting looser as it ages. I can locate the bell joint, rag joint and top bearing. Just can't find the "plastic" bushing. Not wanting to disassemble the column until I have parts. Just about 1/2 million miles on her, somethings going to wear out.

#8 Mcgyvrr, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  9. dana44

Ad-Free Member

No idea, but, if it is a bushing without any rollers, just brass, or teflon, inside and outside dimensions and how tall the bushing is and a friend or person with a lathe can whip one out in about fifteen minutes, brass, 18 minutes.