AF: Still waiting for a new Dakota or Ram 50 meanwhile ... | Page 4 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still waiting for a new Dakota or Ram 50 meanwhile ...

Discussion in 'Auto News & Rumors' started by 55Plaza, Jul 28, 2020.

1. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

CJ8 or CJ10? :rolleyes: The tug version of the CJ10 had an extremely short bed.

2. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

I need an extended/cub cab to carry at least 3 people for more than short trips (2+ hours) in comfort. The granite pads in some pickups won't cut it. My Dakota has a flat seat back that's not comfortable, but the seat bottom is. And many pickups these days have better seats in back than what I have.

3. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

The Africa concept is four door. Carrying more than two people is something I use more often than a long pickup bed.

4. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

This has a huge back seat.
    Promaster 4 door flat bed.JPG

somber likes this.
  5. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

But it doesn't meet any other criteria - it's not midsize consumer, it's a large professional rig that wouldn't fit in my garage. It's not affordable as a spare vehicle. It doesn't have the depth of my pickup bed. It doesn't have the locking, dry storage of a pickup cap.

page2171 likes this.
  6. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

I had to take a technical sales course as part of my BS degree. Technical sales differs from regular consumer sales in that the product is a solution to the purchaser's needs and not of a consumer's media driven desires. Often times, in specialized fields, the solution is custom built or a modified version of a cataloged item. Machine tools are a good example of this.

Since no manufacturer markets a vehicle here which meets all the criteria given, I suggest this solution. What would Red Green build? Of course Mr. Green had the advantage of a steady supply of K-cars which were plentiful in his region of Canada.

Dave Z likes this.
  7. 55Plaza

55Plaza Well-Known Member

You left out the fact I was replying to MJAB's statement "Pickup box is not so much user friendly if one uses cargo area often and with heavy items"