Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stratuscaster

Discussion in 'Rumors and Speculation' started by Dave Z, Feb 22, 2017.

1. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

Mom suffered a blood clot, spent five hours with a heart rate over 200. Basically she was dieing. Woke up the next morning kinda of surprised, went through therapy then we got her into assisted living. She was 93 a the time. Human body is amazing what it can handle.

2. Bearhawke

Bearhawke Things happen for a reason

I winced at what Strat's dealing with now.............suffice to say: I don't envy him at all; I'll gladly keep my health problems over what he's dealing with.

3. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

From his wife:

Jim is doing really good.
    He's having a hard time talking, but can whisper. Very eager to communicate. He pulled the feeding tube out so they had to put it back in after he failed the swallow test. If you had a sore throat would you be able to swallow perfectly? I think not. The arterial line in his thigh area was removed. His blood pressure is 120/80. All of his numbers are good. He is happy to sit in a chair, watch TV or listen to his music. When he goes to the chair he does so with limited help. Two spotters watch him and he pivots to the chair on his own accord. There is some vision in his right eye, but isn't as good as it was. With therapy and time it may improve. He uses his right arm and hand often and can move the toes on his right foot. Today, with prompting, he said my name was Jamie, but let's face it he often talked about me as his "wife," so that makes sense.
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. God definitely has plans for Jim. God is in control and to God be the glory.
    Btw, I saved the best for last. If you go looking for Jim, he's not in the CCU any more. He's in the telemetry unit. Still first floor. Different building. Limited visitation as they keep him stable and get him going through more PT.

4. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Awesome news! Thanks for sharing.

5. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic
    Level 2 Supporter

Out on a tele floor...that's one step closer to going out the front door. Great news!!

somber likes this.
  6. AC TC

AC TC Well-Known Member

7. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Very awesome indeed!

8. dana44

Ad-Free Member

Very glad to hear this good news! Get well soon, prayers still in the makings!

9. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

The tube rubbing creates the sore throat, which makes keeping the tube unbearable. My dad took out the feeding tube himself too.

Great news from the Strat household!

Dave Z likes this.
  10. somber

somber 370,000 miles
    Level III Supporter

Thanks, Zagnut, for your ongoing explanations of terminology and procedures. Much appreciated.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  11. y2kyamr6

y2kyamr6 Well-Known Member

Just saw the post, wish him and fast recovery and his family all the best.

12. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic
    Level 2 Supporter

I'm often the interpreter for the docs. After a lengthy explanation of a procedure, the doc asks if the patient understands and they nod yes. They ask if they have any questions, and they shake their head no. The doc leaves, and they turn to me and the questions come in a flood. I don't mind at all, as I guess that makes me bilingual. :)

13. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

Update today from Jim's wife - he is having a lot of confusion, refusing to eat, wants to leave. Cannot remember things that were talked about yesterday. Numbers (heart rate, BP, sugar) are reported to be good.

14. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic
    Level 2 Supporter

The confusion could be from any number of things. Another stroke, delirium from being in the hospital so long and a rough course at that, beginnings of an infection (most common cause is a UTI), medication-related, etc. Hard to say without knowing more. He's been through the wringer that's for sure.

15. Bearhawke

Bearhawke Things happen for a reason

Here's I hoping it's 'just' a hiccup on the road to recovery for Strat. :oops:

16. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Wishing Strat that he continues to get better and recovers his strength. My dad survived an aortic aneurysm. He was very confused for more than two and a half weeks. Then on the fourth week he was back home able to go for a walk with me. Human health recovery can make some remarkable progress at times. Will keep praying for Strat.

17. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Update posted on the gofundme today:
    Jim is doing well! He's more talkative, and is starting to eat normal food again.

He's still a bit confused, and can't always find the words he's looking for, but he can hold a conversation otherwise.

If all continues going well he'll be able to start his rehabilitation and go home after that.

codypet, FreeLantz, Zagnut27 and 9 others like this.
  18. dana44

Ad-Free Member

This is good news. After several weeks of pain killers, surgeries, and all that, it does take a bit to get back to thinking clearly, so glad to hear the progress.

Bearhawke likes this.
  19. drew54

drew54 Well-Known Member

Any update on how Jim is doing?

ScramFan likes this.
  20. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

He had more setbacks with a bowel obstruction (surgery was not an option) and with clots in his legs; but his wife says that situation has improved in the last day or two.