AF: Sunroof on the move | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunroof on the move

Discussion in 'LH: Large Cars, 1993-2004' started by movinyou, Jul 2, 2018.

1. movinyou

movinyou Active Member

Hello all and Happy Independence Day, My ' 99 LHS has developed a bit of a problem with the sunroof in that one corner has worked loose and it will not tighten up. Does any body know if there is a metal or nylon insert in the glass frame for the screw to thread into? It moves around enough where it pops a bit when semis pass going the other direction. Any hints? Thanks

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

3. movinyou

movinyou Active Member

Mr I. C., You are not kidding. I have access to your picture and one from another factory m anuel you sent me a long time ago and they show nothing as far as the bolts that hold that glass panel in. I don't want to seal it up because it still works an I still use it. I can only guess the assembly it bolts into is nylon. Guess I'll have to do a little G.I. engineering on this one. Thanks for the info.

ImperialCrown likes this.
  4. Tomguy

Tomguy Well-Known Member

When I close my doors, I can see my sunroof "Pop" up a bit. You sure what you're seeing isn't just normal?