AF: Switching out my '90 D150 sweptline for and '82 Utililine short bed | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switching out my '90 D150 sweptline for and '82 Utililine short bed

Discussion in 'Projects, mods, restoration' started by JOHN P SIMPSON, Sep 24, 2020.

1. JOHN P SIMPSON

JOHN P SIMPSON New Member

Looking for box parts to buy or swap for restoration of my '90 sweptline to a step-side. Also any advice on accomplishing this would be much appreciated.

2. 68RT

68RT Well-Known Member

What bed length do you have now?

3. JOHN P SIMPSON

6'7". I have read that the chasis is the same for both versions.

4. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

They used a Utiline bed as it was called basically unchanged until 85. Unless there is something different because of a tank change going to fuel injection, I would think this would be a bolt on, if you can find a good bed.

5. 68RT

68RT Well-Known Member

I believe you have a 6 foot 5 inch per specs on a 115 inch or 133 wheelbase (Club cab). Utiline beds had fuel inlet in fender and that might be an issue. Both are 1st gen but I would look at bed mounting bolt spacing, bolt to front of bed, and bed to middle of wheel opening. If those areas match, should work.

6. JOHN P SIMPSON

Thank you, seems finding the bed, or just the side panels to rebuild a bed is going to be the biggest challenge.