Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tcc soleniod

Discussion in 'Neon' started by Mean Demon, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Mean Demon

Mean Demon New Member

Has anyone ever changed the Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid in a 98 neon dohc car? Mine keeps throwing a check light and I have the parts, pan off and all the bolts out of the valve body but can't seem to get the valve body to drop down enough to get it out. Thoughts? What am I missing here? Thanks!!

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. The valve body may be hanging up on the Parking link, or governor tubes or shift lever in the housing? If there is corrosion on the shifter shaft, it may have to be cleaned and lubed to get it through the housing.
    It is best to completely remove the v/body when servicing the TCC solenoid.
    How did you diagnose that the TCC solenoid was failing? What were your symptoms? Usually the filter screen may plug, but the solenoid stays good.

3. Mean Demon

Mean Demon New Member

I hoozed up a code scanner and looked up the code. The tcc was the only thing it showed. I finally got the valve body out and changed it. New one is in and running fine. Thank you for responding!