Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech alternate for bad CD

Discussion in 'PT Cruiser' started by mr2tim, Oct 28, 2017.

1. mr2tim

mr2tim Member

The 05 CD took a dump the other day. Killed by her daily audio book usage I'm guessing?? (Other members confirm it's a weak link.)

My alternative appears to be something new to me. A FM transmitter. Plugs into the cig lighter for power, and into a portable (AA battery) CD player to play thru the radio. (a radio station)

There are plus's and minus's to this for sure, but a dash ripout and $100's in a new head unit seems a last ditch deal for this lay mechanic.

BTW my research indicates since the CD is AA battery powered I will not need to use a loop negative ground. (whatever that is?)

2. partyd

partyd New Member

Add an auxiliary audio input adapter to the factory CD radio, you need to have the MODE button
    chry02-aux