Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla Kettleman City Supercharger station - 40 bays

Discussion in 'Auto News & Rumors' started by djsamuel, Nov 21, 2017.

1. djsamuel

Level 2 Supporter

2. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

And that folks, is how you create a culture.
    Is it free to charge there? There's some free charging dockets in my area for electric vehicles (not Telsa Branded dockets). However, it's mainly just a case of "me too" with respect to who has them. It's great right now, but I hope people don't come to any conclusions as to this "free" being forever. Once the automobile road population hits (X%) of electric vehicles on the road, you'll have to insert your debit or credit card for X amount per kilowatt hours, the same as you would with a gas pump and $/per gallon.
    By the way things are going in my area, I'm not so sure if it would be any cheaper than gasoline anyways. BTW, That Tesla station shown would put the electrical grid down in my area if it was maxed at 240 KW. Sunshine is not one of our greatest resources here, on the east coast of Canada.

djsamuel likes this.
  3. djsamuel

Level 2 Supporter

In addition, when he plugged in, the display indicated he would be charged in 50 minutes. So, Tesla creates this "lounge", complete with a barrista, to make people think this is great having to wait for 50 minutes to refuel your vehicle. The guy also stated that people who purchase a model S will not get free charging.

#3 djsamuel, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    MPE426HEMI and ScramFan like this.
  4. MPE426HEMI

Yup, and more opportunity to sell other items while you wait. A $10 Tesla latte. Lol

5. MPE426HEMI

I'll give Elon credit where credit is due. He has some great ideas and at least someone is thinking out there and that's a good thing. He's got a lot of things going on and a lot of plans. I get the impression he's trying to do everything at once, which sometimes is not a good thing. It would be better, me thinks, to concentrate on one thing and make it good. Then move on. The cars are a good start, but I'd forget about Mars, Tunnels and Commercial transport for awhile. Get these cars and production figured out, then on to the next idea. Anyways, I hope something good comes from it all and it's not just one big pipe dream.
    He was talking recently about the Tesla Roadster, which I gave an ear of interest until at the end when he said "it could even fly". That's where he lost me. Ahhh....OK?
    I'm trying to be positive here, but some stuff he says scares me, Lol.

AvengerGuy and djsamuel like this.
  6. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

7. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

8. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

I was joking about the local Sheetz with the chargers along the PA turnpike, but when I went by yesterday, two were charging.