AF: Test drove a ‘15 392 Scat Pack, questions? | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test drove a ‘15 392 Scat Pack, questions?

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by LouJC, Jun 1, 2019.

1. LouJC

LouJC Active Member

test drove this Challenger at my local dealer, it’s a Chrysler Certified car and has 21k miles on it. They are asking 31.9k for it. Only negative I noticed was a tick after a cold start that disappeared as it warmed up. The power was amazing and the 8 spd auto shifted very fast. Thoughts? Any known concerns?

2. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

Mine also has that cold start tick, here today and maybe not again for a month. Mine goes away within 5 seconds of startup.

My only concern would be how the former owner treated it.
    That being said i love mine and if i had time i would drive it aimlessly for hours every day:D

3. LouJC

LouJC Active Member

Going to see if dealership has maintenance records available. Checked the oil and it was clean. I recall reading on this forum that a number of improvements were made to the Apache Hemis but I’m not sure what year they were phased in.
    On my ‘07 5.7 Jeep it has had a tick after starting till it warms up then it’s 100% quiet. 110,000 miles I’ve owned it since 2009 bought with 25k on it.
    I recall reading problems of failed roller lifters and cams and want to avoid that.

4. caine440

caine440 Well-Known Member

My 2015 Scat Pack Shaker I bought last year developed a tick around 4,000 miles. I switched to Amsoil 0-40 and that really helped quiet it down. It now has 6,900 miles. I have had it checked at 2 dealers and both said it was fine, not that they would say anything else.