AF: The 2019 Chrysler 300 Returns Virtually Unchanged For The New Model Year: | Page 9 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 2019 Chrysler 300 Returns Virtually Unchanged For The New Model Year:

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by redriderbob, Sep 3, 2018.

1. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

The only thing I would disagree with on your list @HotCarNut is #6. The 12" screen is an excellent item to upsell a premium package. The 8" screen should be standard (if it isn't already).:)

AvengerGuy and HotCarNut like this.
  2. svevar

svevar Well-Known Member

I recently rented a 2018 Chrysler 300 while traveling and noticed a small but positive change from my 2016. It seems Chrysler finally improved the push-push door latch mechanism on the small bin forward of the gear selector. Since the 2011 launch of the second generation 300, the cubby door had been repeatedly criticized in professional reviews for its creaking and groaning under normal use. The door in my rental moved smoothly and silently, and the latch itself was visibly different. I wonder when the improved part was incorporated.

3. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

I thought a lot about that, and I see your point. But if the point is that Chrysler is a technology leading people mover, shouldn't it be the standard? I struggled with it, and could really go either way.

GasAxe likes this.
  4. Moparian

Moparian Well-Known Member

The big screen infotainment should be standard, anything else looks cheap and leaves a bunch of wasted space. Could be worse though, look at the base radio in a Mustang....

HotCarNut likes this.
  5. edvan

edvan Well-Known Member

I checked a number of large FCA dealers in my area. As far as I can tell, the 300 is already dead. Inventory at most dealers is minuscule.

HotCarNut likes this.
  6. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

Which is part of the problem. 95% of buyers choose from what is on the lot. Very few order.

Mark Powers likes this.
  7. Mark Powers

Mark Powers Active Member

It was always like that.....Most dealers never even had any 300's...We always had to search for them and drove 80 miles away to get our 2017 300 Hemi !

HotCarNut likes this.
  8. Mark Powers

I just want to say again..KEEP THE 300 !!!! Chrysler,you better keep the 300 !!!

I would stand in front of FCA headquarters with a sandwich board wearing a gorilla costume and a bullhorn yelling at Chrysler to keep the 300,but I am on the West Coast...Sent several emails to them,I just wonder if they get them..

I Love that they have the 300,Charger and Challenger very unique cars and company..To stop the 300 would be a disaster ! In a world of look a like suv's the 300 stands apart,I hate blending in !!

****I haven't posted much on here lately because I am very busy working and fixing my old Charger(I blew the bottom end in my 440) and helping my buddy out with his personal life..But dont take my lack of posts here lately thinking I am not yelling at the top of my lungs for Chrysler to keep the 300 ! Maybe I will get a window washing job at FCA headquarters and bang on every window yelling to keep the 300 !!! People that know me,know I would do that ! Sad I know , but I stop at no lengths !!

somber, randy1911 and HotCarNut like this.
  9. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

Must have been fixed by 2014. Mine worked perfectly. Wish my Charger had the covered bin.

10. chryslerkidd

chryslerkidd Active Member

300 sales have ticked up at my dealership. We have about 15 “18 models and about 4 “19 models. We sold 2 18s 2 days in a row. Also had a nother dealership picking up one that was sold but decided not to take it due to it being damaged. 300 sales have been steady month to month. Large sedan market is dying o FCA dosent need 2 sedans in the market anymore. 300 is a nice vehicle but due to market change makes sense to drop it after 19.

ScramFan and edvan like this.
  11. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

AMEN AMEN AMEN !!!!

12. svevar

svevar Well-Known Member

No, I own a 2016 and the door creaks and groans. Must have been sometime afterward.

13. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

14. Mark Powers

Good to hear sales are up a bit,and thats with zero advertising !! RAM,Jeeps,Minivans are plastered all over the net and tv and print thus high sales ,people see it they want it ,hide it they have no clue its there !!

They need 2 sedans as they have dozens of small buses known as suv and cuv's for people to drive in..

They have 2 different,really 3 different versions of the RAM truck right now..even more if you count the Commercial 4500,5500..But the 1500 is different from the 2500 and even that is a bit different than the 3500 (rear suspension)..Now they will have a Jeep truck and a compact RAM ! Maybe an overload of trucks and suvs and only 2 sedans hmm..

300 buyers wont automatically buy a Charger either,sure diehard Mopar people who need a 4 door will but others wont.

It makes sense to have 2 sedans because the 300 and Charger are different...People still buy cars,and if Chrysler actually advertised them,besides California Dealers who had a 300 internet add a few years ago ! Heck it outsells Cadillac car models and once Lincoln has no cars those buyers probably prefer an American brand car and the 300 could gain more sales not just from Lincoln but Ford's Taurus and Fusion buyers..

If Chrysler would advertise the car,tell people it has all wheel drive etc...I even know people who dont know the Charger and Challenger has all wheel drive !! Those people were not all old people,24 year olds too ! A few bought suv's because they said cars dont have all wheel drive !!! Some knew Subaru's had awd but dont like them ! So the 300 missed sales even Charger and Challenger ! People hear of wide bodies,hellcats but not the all wheel drive !

*As long as they sell Fiats,Maserati's,Alpha Romeo's here and they have lower sales numbers than the 300,I say keep the 300 ! Restyle but keep its unique 300 style,upgrade the interior for upper level trims,improve it,improve it add a 400 hp 5.7 Hemi,that can be done ! Make the 5.7 stand out from the Charger ! A luxury car needs a 400 +hp option today and the Hemi gets better gas mileage than 6 cyl and 4 cyl turbo cars that weigh the same etc..

I will not rest,and will never say the 300 can go away...I dont want to be stuck with suv's and trucks only as vehicles to buy new ! yes,I do like the new Ram and some suv's,but not as daily drivers..

One BIG reason I want them to keep the 300,is that when they restyle the cars,if i dont like the 300 but the Charger looks better than I have a choice..If the 300 looks better I will buy the 300...Having just one 4 door is a huge gamble..If you dont like the looks of it,then you have no car to choose from ..I just hope the Challenger is still a hot car,not a small Camaro clone! ***We own a Challenger and 300 both Hemi's of different sizes,Wifey drives the 300 daily,me the Challenger with 2 bald rear tires that are 6 months old,how did that happen ?

****I wrote a lot and was focused on my job lol and writing this so,I hope its clear..I try to proof read bu get interrupted so no proof reading ,Cheers !

15. djsamuel

Level 2 Supporter

I admire your enthusiasm. It is refreshing!

16. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

In my opinion, Chrysler started to die when they said it's mainstream.
    Our flag now is the Pacifica, a vehicle that has and OLD style, they borrowed it from the 200 and still continue with it.
    A Minivan a flagship?

wtxiceman likes this.
  17. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

The 300C is still available and the Pacifica is available in a hybrid and a Limited with a ton of features. The only real change that could be considered a move toward mainstream was adding a base model to the Chrysler 300 to attempt to boost sales before it's discontinued. Look back at recent Chryslers, from the last 10-15 years or so. None of them were luxury cars. Now they are just calling them what they are: mainstream.

If someone thinks Chrysler is or has been a luxury brand recently, they are only fooling themselves.

ScramFan likes this.
  18. valiant67

valiant67 ...

You are overlooking the short-lived positioning of Chrysler as an upscale or premium brand within FCA which was soon abandoned.
    The advertisements emphasized the safety tech features as part of the premium image. It's obvious they soon gave up on that approach.

Donte Lindsey likes this.
  19. svevar

svevar Well-Known Member

Upscale or premium, sure. Chrysler could conceivably return to that positioning with the right products and marketing. But not luxury. And that's OK! Today's "mainstream" vehicles can be optioned to previously unthinkable levels, all at bargain prices relative to true luxury brands.

To many buyers, a loaded mainstream vehicle is a more attractive proposition than a bare-bones, four-cylinder, vinyl-swathed BMW asking the same price or more.

20. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I don't care about marketing in this case. The cars were not luxury and it's about time they stop trying to push them as such.

This isn't going to hurt Chrysler, despite what many people keep saying. If anything it will help the brand because people will not be buying under the false notion that they are equivalent to a luxury brand and then end up being disappointed that a 300 is no nicer than a Charger. "Luxury" and "mainstream people mover" classifications are marketing talk and they don't matter in the slightest unless the cars are de-contented and stop having high trim levels--which they won't. The cars are not going to stop offering the levels of technology and features that they currently have. That's a ludicrous idea.

This last one is not directed at you, but it's time to stop complaining about Chrysler "becoming mainstream" because that's what their cars have always been, or at least in the last 15 years. This is simply how they are going to be marketed, which is fitting since they have never been a good alternative to Audi, BMW, or Lexus. That doesn't mean the content of the vehicles will change.

By the way, Chrysler offering crossovers does not suddenly make them any less "luxurious" than they are now. It's just a different body style... If the 300 is one's idea of the pinnacle of luxury, they'd better buy one now before they are gone.

#180 Ryan, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018