Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 300 wins another award, stays relevant in the news

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by randy1911, Nov 17, 2017.

1. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective
    Level 2 Supporter

300 Hemis have MDS.

2. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

In my area, the 2017 300 carries $250 more on the hood than the 2017 Charger does. The 2018 300 carries $500 less on the hood than the 2018 Charger.

It’s pretty much back and forth depending on the month.

Mike

randy1911 likes this.
  3. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

My point exactly

4. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

300 is aging at an accelerated rate.

Adventurer55, DarkSky and Mr.Source like this.
  5. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Much like this discussion.

BASONE88, Bajanbuoy and MoparJoe like this.
  6. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective
    Level 2 Supporter

Zinggg.

7. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

Don't think we will see a new generation.

8. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

Don't think it will last enough time.......

9. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Just to be clear, the decision has not been made yet whether or not to continue the 300 into a new generation...

danbek, DarkSky, Mike V. and 4 others like this.
  10. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Active Member

I'm not sure the decision has been made to continue "Chrysler" into the next decade. Sarcasm.

Bajanbuoy and Deckard_Cain like this.
  11. Hemidakota

Hemidakota Active Member

I know...I wish MB would have the same (when the company was joined at the hip - DaimlerChysler) but apparently they don't. I do know Chevy has gone back to the MDS in their truck lines and it has proven a great success.

12. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

The decision-making process in FCA seems to be so random. They are leading two segments in the US - the mini-van segment and the full-size sedan segment - by having both a Dodge and Chrysler car in these segments. Why the hell is the launch of the 300 in doubt?? :(

somber, GasAxe, jimboy and 1 other person like this.
  13. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

Probably because the future of the 300 have nothing to do with sales and have some other hidden agenda like zero debt or the up rising of alfa or the movement of Maserati. Theres no logical reason why the 300 shouldn't have been green lighted by now this award is a testiment of FCA being lucky not backing a car with dollars in advertising or support yet still being relevant. Truly I believe FCA don't know what to do because logically it makes no sense it have not been green lighted.

14. hmk123

Level III Supporter

The 300 is still a beautiful presence in the automotive design landscape. Puts a smile on my face every time I see one. Would miss it greatly.

freshforged, jwp44, somber and 4 others like this.
  15. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

I totally agree. There's nothing like it in this 'jellybean sedan' world.

Lee N. Burns, jwp44, somber and 2 others like this.
  16. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Official FCA US press statement...

Chrysler 300 Named a 2018 Edmunds Most Wanted Vehicle

Award Honors the Most Popular Vehicles Among Car Buyers, According to Sales and Shopping Data
    • This recognition honors the most in-demand vehicles in 17 segments, based on sales, days-to-turn and shopper interest data on Edmunds
    • New for 2018, Chrysler offers an entry-level 300 Touring model and repositions the 300 lineup to Touring, Touring L, 300S, Limited and 300C to better align with the Chrysler Pacifica model lineup
    • All Chrysler 300 3.6-liter V-6 models are available with the segment’s most technologically advanced all-wheel-drive (AWD) system, which includes a segment-exclusive active transfer case and front-axle-disconnect system to improve real-world fuel economy and seamlessly transitions between rear-wheel drive (RWD) and AWD with no driver intervention
    • Offering class-exclusive innovations and advanced technology at the driver’s fingertips, the entire 300 lineup includes the Uconnect 4 system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, improved features and an award-winning interface
    11.17.2017 , Auburn Hills, Mich.
    The Chrysler 300 is the winner of the Large Car segment in Edmunds’ Most Wanted awards. This recognition honors the most in-demand vehicles based on sales, days-to-turn and shopper interest data on Edmunds.

“Bold and aggressive, the Chrysler 300 stands out in a class of largely look-alike sedans, and its originality makes it one of the most popular large cars on the market,” said Jessica Caldwell, executive director of industry analysis, Edmunds.

The 2018 Edmunds Most Wanted Award winner for each of the 17 segments was determined by analyzing data from the first nine months of 2017 for all models on sale during that period. For each segment, Edmunds identified which models had the highest levels of two types of shopper consideration based on Edmunds site activity, the highest sales and the lowest average days-to-turn. The rankings for each of these data sets were weighted equally to determine the winners in each segment.

For 2018, the Chrysler 300 lineup delivers on the brand’s promise of iconic and elegant design executed with world-class performance, efficiency and quality – all at an attainable value. Offering class-exclusive innovations and advanced technology at the driver’s fingertips, the 300 lineup includes the Uconnect 4 system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, improved features and an award-winning interface.

The Chrysler 300’s standard TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission delivers up to 30 miles per gallon (mpg) highway fuel economy when paired with the award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6.

Available on the Touring, Touring L, 300S and Limited is the segment’s most advanced all-wheel-drive (AWD) system, which seamlessly engages at any speed to enable optimal traction and control based on conditions, driving style and road surface.

Standard on the 300C and available on the 300S, the 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine with 363 horsepower is the most powerful V-8 engine in its class. With numerous style packages, striking design and sophisticated interiors, the Chrysler 300 is America’s big and bold sedan here to make a statement.

About Edmunds.com
    Edmunds is the leading car information and shopping platform, helping millions of visitors each month find their perfect car. With products like Edmunds Your Price, Your Lease and Used+, shoppers can buy smarter with instant, upfront prices for cars and trucks currently for sale at more than 13,000 dealer franchises across the U.S. Edmunds’ in-house team of unbiased car shopping experts provide industry-leading vehicle reviews and shopping tips, as well as welcome all car-shopping questions to the free Shopper Advice line at 1-855-782-4711, via email at help@edmunds.com, via text at ED411 and on Twitterand Facebook. The company is regarded as one of America's best workplaces by Fortune and Great Places to Work. Edmunds is based in Santa Monica, Calif. and has a satellite office in downtown Detroit, Michigan.

17. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

There's no hidden agenda as it applies to 300. Either it will fit in with the brand direction in such a way as it will earn margin that otherwise wouldn't be achieved by a different vehicle using that production capacity or it will step aside. Let's not act like good old Chrysler didn't make that decision in the past.

GasAxe likes this.
  18. duncanpohl

duncanpohl Active Member

I think it is telling that the Chrysler 300 won as the most wanted Large Car, but not as the most wanted Luxury Large Car although that was supposed to be the aim of Fiat for the Chrysler name. I am beginning to think, despite the success of the Chrysler 300, that Fiat is trying to kill the brand. Which would make me go elsewhere. They obviously don't know what to do with the brand even though the answer is obvious - make a good luxury car like the 300 even better and more luxurious (after driving a new Dodge minivan, which had a more luxurious interior than my 2008 Chrysler 300, I know it can be done without outpricing the market), make a midsize luxury car to replace the 200. Simply put, make a line of good quality luxury cars that can compete within their classes and they will be successful. This award proves that.

randy1911 likes this.
  19. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

That is simply ridiculous. If they were trying to kill the brand, they wouldn't have developed the Pacifica and they wouldn't have other vehicles in the pipeline.

Of course a new minivan has a nicer interior than *ANY* 2008 model. That was near the low point for interiors. Everything sucked. The comparison is apples to oranges.

Chrysler is not being positioned as a luxury brand whether you want to accept that or not.

danbek, GasAxe, freshforged and 2 others like this.
  20. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

The reasons for why the 300 could go away have been noted multiple times

Business is business... life goes on.

Mike

#80 Mike V., Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017