Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 300 wins another award, stays relevant in the news

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by randy1911, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic
    Level 2 Supporter

Not just quality, although it is a major factor. Overall customer experience counts as well, from purchasing to service. You can have a wonderful, quality product...but if you treat your customers like you’re doing them a favor by allowing them to buy your product...then the outcome is probably going to be negative. And they’ll be more likely to ding you in surveys because you treated them poorly. On the other hand, a product may have some flaws...but if they’re handled competently and with courtesy, then the response to the experience may be more favorable (although you can’t please everybody!).

Quality is a difficult term, as is reliability. Sure, there are official definitions that we use, but customers/consumers may have their own ideas of what those terms mean to them.

2. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

Bringing this model of TOTAL SALES = RETENTION + CONQUESTS to 300:

By doing little to 300, Chrysler is by definition relying on returning customers. While this brings profits now, it does little to bring in the new lifeblood that will keep 300 as a viable nameplate into the future.

In order to conquest new customers, Chrysler would need to update 300, or grow interest through meaningful restyle/styling editions, meaningful increase in horsepower, meaningful added fuel efficiency, meaningful increase in comfort, etc.

#102 aldo90731, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    somber, jimboy, Erik Latranyi and 2 others like this.
  3. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

True. But without quality (i.e., reliability) as the cornerstone, it becomes difficult to have a positive ownership experience. Quality is the underpinning element for the rest to take place. Key Driver Analyses on consumer data is very clear and very consistent on this.

During the 1990s, when Toyota and Honda were growing like mad, people were lining up willing to pay full sticker and be treated like sh+t to own one of their products. Mistreatment of customers is never acceptable, of course. But goes to show the incredible power quality has on the market. Eventually, Toyota and Honda had to step in to rectify the customer treatment part.

I have found over the years that some automakers create pretexts for not addressing quality. So they start splitting hairs as to what "quality" really means, and end up doing nothing. For those that do, a culture for quality permeates everything: from design and engineering, to production and manufacturing, to customer and supplier treatment.

History is filled of dead and semi-dead brands like Jaguar, Alfa Romeo, etc., that provided outstanding design, performance and customer service but failed to deliver basic, consistent reliability.

It is like trying to be happy without being in good health. It can be done, but it is going to be very difficult, to say the least.

#103 aldo90731, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    somber, jimboy, UN4GTBL and 2 others like this.
  4. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

3.91 rear gear is only on manual transmission Challenger...

Everything else is available now. Head to the dealer and pick one up. :)

Mike

Bajanbuoy and freshforged like this.
  5. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

Quick question, Mike, How do you order the Scat Pak option? I looked for it on Mopar and Chrysler website, was unable to locate even a mention of it. Is it a US only option or dealer installed. I am in Canada, unavailable here? Any info would e appreciated, Thanks, Jim
    And Happy Thanksgiving to our American Friends!

freshforged and ImperialCrown like this.
  6. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

It is a Mopar add on installed by the Dealer.

Stage Packages | Official Mopar Site (at https://www.mopar.com/en-us/store/category-group.html?groupId=5109&pageNumber=1&perPage=10&sortPrice=ASC )

Thanks,

Mike

7. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

GasAxe likes this.
  8. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

Have you actually been reading what those in the know have been posting?

#108 danbek, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  9. 55Plaza

Level III Supporter

10. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Ya never know. But the future of the "L" vehicles does hold a few surprises; in some cases, expect the unexpected (or perhaps more accurately, unexpect the expected). And don't rule out any refreshes :).

11. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Update: Looks like next gen 300 is a go for 2022 model year...

Deckard_Cain, jimboy, somber and 25 others like this.
  12. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic
    Level 2 Supporter

I think you'll make a lot of people on here very happy with that statement. :)

somber and GasAxe like this.
  13. cygnus

Ad-Free Member

wow, I did not expect that. New name? I don't expect them to stick with 300.

14. eggwhite93

eggwhite93 Impatiently waiting for new product.
    Level 2 Supporter

Why would you expect them to change the name?

15. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

Thank you Jesus.

jimboy, thebluegoat and wtxiceman like this.
  16. Terrymc1

Terrymc1 Active Member

Happy days are here again! I can't wait to see what new goodies and options Chrysler might have in store for the next gen...

jimboy likes this.
  17. Mark Powers

Mark Powers Member

You made My Day !!!! I could hug You !!! Seriously ,I would after that statement you made !! lol !

18. hotmach

Level 2 Supporter

This is interesting given time it takes to to develop a vehicle. Model year means calendar year 2021 ? So development was already underway, the review was to continue or not ? Or, it has been done and shelved, now activated again ? Or, is not such a divergence from its current stable partners and will continue sharing with them ? I'm making the assumption on that last one that the Charger/Chally are well on there way to debut.

19. Ed campos

Ed campos New Member

I think the bigger question is if it will be Pacifica based or Giorgio based...

20. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Development of the next gen 300 was in progress several years ago, as original early plans called for a 2018 model year release. It was then pushed back to 2021MY, and now looks like 2022MY.

jimboy, somber, Mr.Source and 4 others like this.