NewsThis really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance • Windsor loses Transport

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The _ALLPAR_ biggest blunder contest

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Dave Z, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

Good catch. I fixed that one!

Tomguy likes this.
  2. Tomguy

Tomguy Member Level 2 Supporter

I still see the typo of "outweight" vs "outweigh"

3. Ruptured Duck

Ruptured Duck Member Level 2 Supporter

I'm with you brother...... !

4. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather Level III Supporter

The Cordoba page:
    "The standard engine was the 400 cid V-8 (with two or four barrel carburetors) until 1978. Like the Charger SE, the Cordoba could also be ordered with a 360 (depending on year, both two and four barrels could be available)."
    Then later says:
    "In 1978, the Chrysler Cordoba saw many weight-saving changes under the skin, and a power sunroof was made optional; it was now a two door hardtop only. The base engine was now the 318 (with two barrel carb, four barrel in California) with Lean Burn; the 360 was optional in both two and four barrel carb versions, along with the 400 V8."
    There are a few errors here.
    In 1975 the 360-2 was the standard federal engine, 360-4 in CA. 318 and 400 were optional.
    The 400 was standard for 1976 and 1977. 318 and 360 were optional.
    The 400 was also standard for 1978 for federal cars. 318 and 360 were optional. CA and high altitude had the 360-4 standard. The 318 was optional and 400 was not available in CA.
    For 1979 the 318 was standard, the 360 optional.

superduckie5000 likes this.
  5. valiant67

The Magnum page:
    "All Magnums came with an AM radio, whitewalls, remote-control driver’s mirror, air conditioning, tinted glass, undercoating and hood pad (except with 318), and vinyl roof."
    This is not true. These items were optional, and included in the "Basic Group". Basic Group included A/C, tinted glass, AM radio, standard size WSW tires, remote control left mirror, light package, landau roof and undercoating with hood pad (except 318).

6. valiant67

The Mirada page:
    'For 1981, the Mirada gained the CMX and S packages;"
    There was a 1980 CMX package. It was mainly cosmetic, including color keyed roof accent molding, color keyed bumper strips, CMX nameplates, dual outside remote control mirrors, color keyed door handle inserts, tape side stripes, color keyed 10 spoke aluminum wheels and P205 wider whitewall tires. The cabriolet package was a separate option in 1980.
    For 1981 the CMA package included the cabriolet roof, the wider whitewall tires, premium wheel covers, color keyed door door handle inserts.

7. Dave Z

All good corrections. It will take me a while to get all of them fixed, but they are all fine entries!

Update: all done through this point. Much bad writing repaired and poorly organized articles re-sorted.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  8. georgef

georgef Member Level III Supporter

9. Dave Z

3.5 did... will check those spec tables. That could be Chrysler’s error but either way, your point is valdi.

10. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

On the The _ALLPAR_ biggest blunder contest a poster misspelled "valid".

;) (I don't know enough about Chrysler history to make any real contributions here)

UN4GTBL and wtxiceman like this.
  11. superduckie5000

superduckie5000 THE MAD DUCK Level III Supporter

Timing Belt was Referred to as the Rubber Band at the Factory !

12. superduckie5000

superduckie5000 THE MAD DUCK Level III Supporter

Be Careful What You Wish for Dave !

13. georgef

georgef Member Level III Supporter

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  14. ptschett

ptschett Member

For 2008-2011 Dodge Dakota pickup trucks , 3rd paragraph from the end, I'm guessing either some words went missing or there are a few extra:
    For The 2005-2007 Dodge Dakota: “Oops.” , 2nd paragraph of "Engines and transmissions" section, the 4.7 High Output's numbers were 260 HP and 310 lb-ft of torque in the 2005 sales brochure. (I remember the 250 and 300 as being preliminary, "at least these numbers" specs in mid-year 2004 that went to print in many magazine reviews.)

15. Dave Z

Had to be done. I started what became Allpar in December 1993. I've grown a lot since then, learned a lot since then, made a lot of mistakes, some of them in a (chemo) drug-induced haze or immediately post-surgery or just from rushing; and, to be balanced, Chrysler’s press releases have been known to have a few mistakes, and I don’t always have the time or inclination to check them. Sometimes the narrative and specs sections disagree.

2/10 Update: Fixed timing belt/chain confusion. 3.8/3.3 used chains. 3.5/4.0 used belts. Added a lot of images to 3.8 page, along with many details, info on changes. Could use personal stories from developers.

Verified and fixed Dakota info.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017