NewsKeeping the (valve lift) pressure up • Behind the Jeep/Ram spinoff chatter • Demon to beat Exorcist?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The _ALLPAR_ biggest blunder contest

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Dave Z, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Dan Minick

Dan Minick Active Member Level III Supporter

Just a couple petty details:
    *In the facilities/plants page, under Kenosha: Lamborghini is misspelled

*In the AMC history by year page, under 1988, it states that Kenosha plant was torn down. While not specifically saying it was torn down in 1988, it makes the reader assume that it was, when in fact it continued cranking out Omni/Horizons until 1990.

*Not technically an error, but it always bothers me. On the Omni/Horizon/Simca 1100 page, there is a photo of a Chrysler/Talbot Sunbeam, which looks like a 2door Horizon. Yet has nothing to do with Horizon, it's a RWD shortened Avenger, with some Horizon styling. To the uninitiated, it seems that they would assume that it's simply a 2door Horizon. Yet on the actual Chrysler Sunbeam page, there is no photo of it.

*Chrysler Sunbeam page, has a link to Des O'Dell, PSA competition director... it doesn't go there anymore, website is different.

That's all for now :)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  2. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

Oops, yes, of course the 3.5 had a timing belt, I had mine replaced... did a LOT of cleanup on the 4.0 page. Took out 3.8 info and am moving it to a new 3.8 page.

Dan Minick, I can't find the link to Des O'Dell and suspect I took it out but did not upload the changes. Also, I can't find the photo on the Simca 1100 page, am I looking at the wrong page?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  3. 1999 White C5 Coupe

1999 White C5 Coupe Member

If someone tries to type in the web site address at the top of this page: Allpa[arrow].c[wheel/tire]m, he won't reach the site.

4. Dan Minick

Perhaps. It's this page: Chrysler Horizon and Simca 1100

5. Dave Z

“Not technically an error, but it always bothers me. On the Omni/Horizon/Simca 1100 page, there is a photo of a Chrysler/Talbot Sunbeam, which looks like a 2door Horizon. Yet has nothing to do with Horizon, it's a RWD shortened Avenger, with some Horizon styling.”

Is that the Talbot racing car?

6. Dan Minick

Yes that's the photo. It's a Chrysler/Talbot Sunbeam. RWD, based on a shortened Avenger platform. Not related at all to Horizon.

7. David S

David S New Member

FWD errors:
    Vintage Dodge, Plymouth, and Chrysler front wheel drive cars and minivans :
    Neon most exciting affordable car of the 1990s. Includes SRT-4. - Which was from the 2000's.
    Avenger and Sebring Coupes: Note: - and then no note.
    links to RWD Challenger/Sapporo Sapporo also misspelled
    Cricket, Sunbeam and Avenger - all RWD
    Police cars links to a page with RWD police cars and no link to FWD police cars.
    M4S is in list of FWD pace cars.
    FWD based AWD Stealth is pictured under RWD pace cars.
    Alternative fuel vehicles links to RWD Patriot
    Dodge Charger (four-cylinder), Turismo, Plymouth Horizon TC3, and Dodge Omni O24:
    Charger 2.2 came out as a 1981 1/2 car, the base car didn't become a Charger until 1983.
    History of Chrysler front wheel drive performance 1983-1993
    Same mistake about the Charger years, no 2.2 TC3 for '82, Turismo didn't come until 1983.

8. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member Level III Supporter

HEY DAVE.................THIS IS A PRETTY TOUGH CROWD.................:eek:.

superduckie5000 and wtxiceman like this.
  9. David S

David S New Member

Also the only Diamond Star car included was the AWD Talon, FWD Talon/Laser actually quicker, base Stealth was also FWD performance Dodge.

10. Dave Z

Dan - thanks. David S - will update status here as I get and check/fix. Thanks. Eddie — yes!

11. codypet

codypet Active Member

12. Footer

Footer Member

There is an amber light out on the bottom of the left inner lamp in the allpar.com challenger picture.
    [​IMG]

superduckie5000, dfarc and DarkSky like this.
  13. Dave Z

Ha ha! I never noticed that!

superduckie5000 and Footer like this.
  14. Dave Z

They are all ’shopped... ;) Thanks for pointing out, I just wasn't consistent.

15. 55Plaza

55Plaza Member Level III Supporter

sure now you introduce this :)