NewsDemon has a freakin’ TransBrake • Pritchett’s Challenger Drag Pak isn’t a Demon • Ram Longhorn to match trailers

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The _ALLPAR_ biggest blunder contest

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Dave Z, Feb 5, 2017.

1. AvengerGuy

AvengerGuy Member

On the page: Chrysler at the 1964 World's Fair. While no Chrysler product info in error, at the bottom of the page it says: "Please don explore the rest of this site!" I doubt if that's what you meant to communicate.

2. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

Hmmm... thanks. That qualifies.
    Sorry I fell behind on the corrections.
    Prizes soon...

Footer likes this.
  3. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Member

4. Dave Z

Got Duster, World’s Fair - thanks.
    Going to evaluate winners now.

Footer likes this.
  5. Dave Z

Great catches! Thanks!
    Turismo shows up in the 1982 Plymouth dealer books, so I assume you mean that the 1.7-liter TC3 became a Turismo in 1983.
    I'm searching out 1981 1/2 materials but have fixed the pages (still working on FWD performance overview).

6. GLHS60

GLHS60 Member

1981 dealer brochure show the TC3 as having 4 models, Custom, Sport Premium and Turismo.

2.2 is listed as standard on the Turismo, optional on others.

Thanks
    Randy

7. Dave Z

THE RESULTS.

CivoLee: grammatical issue
    DarkSky: wrong image in article
    Tomguy: two typos
    FreeLantz: typo, very outdated article
    valiant67: wrong engines in Cordoba article, - many times. Incorrect info in Magnum page. Incorrect info in Mirada page.
    georgef: timing belt rather than chain in two engines pages (provided evidence)
    ptschett: outdated info in one Dakota page, missing words in another Dakota page
    Dan Minick: mis-spelling in one page, misleading words in another, wrong photo in a third, bad link in a fourth
    David S: numerous link and spelling errors in old FWD cars page. Errors in Omni-derivatives page. Errors in FWD performance page.
    AvengerGuy: extra three letters at bottom of page
    Illegal Machine: mpg rather than mph on Duster page

When it came down to it, the judges had a tough choice: valiant67 vs David S. By a hair, we went with David S., mostly on volume of errors given, with valiant67 coming in a close second.

The order, then, will be

David S: first pick, three items plus Contributors III (or extension)
    valiant67: second pick, two items plus Contributors III (or extension)
    Dan Minick
    ptschett
    georgef
    FreeLantz
    DarkSky

If there are still prizes left:

Tomguy
    Illegal Machine
    AvengerGuy
    CivoLee

Most of you already have my email address, if not, send a PM - I need a mailing address!

Reminder:

People with really high shipping costs may be asked to take lighter-weight prizes. (Australia and New Zealand, I’m looking at you!)

The prize list so far:

Allpar gear: There is one jacket (L), one nice embroidered-Allpar-logo polo shirt in XXL, and one in 5XL.

Chrysler memorabilia:
    • Jeep ashtray (obviously used but cleaned)
      [*]Used copy of Common Sense Not Required
      [*]New, sealed, pricey copy of The Diesel Odyssey of Clessie Cummins
    • 2015 Ram Laramie Limited press kit (leather-ish case, color booklet)
    • Fiat 500X press kit (booklet in neat binding with foam rubber X)
    • 2015 Dodge Charger presentation notes with some blank pages (press handout)
    Miscellaneous (books are used)
    • Ad-free membership status for one year
    • Motivation Through the Work Itself: how Volvo’s quality was transformed in the 1960s by changing the way they made cars. I highly recommend this book.
    • Why trade it in? and How to get along with your car, amusing period pieces from 1974 and 1976
      [*]The practical handbook of car care and repair, 1971
    • On a clear day you can see General Motors: John DeLorean’s ghost-written autobiography, quite a tell-all about GM’s internal management with some comments on Ford and Chrysler

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  8. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

There is a blunder on the 2018 Demon page about the car having an illuminated air catcher light like the Challenger R/T instead of T/A.

9. Dave Z

10. svevar

svevar Member Level 2 Supporter

Not an error, but an omission: On the 2015-2017 Chrysler 300 page, the "2016 changes" section neglects to mention that power-adjustable pedals were dropped for that (and the 2017) model year.

11. Dave Z

I didn't know that. Thanks. Ha ha, it even says “Non-Adjustable Pedals” in the site.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  12. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable Level III Supporter

13. svevar

Perhaps Chrysler was receiving a lot of inquiries about "missing" adjustable pedals and therefore wanted to be explicit about the new non-adjustability.

I've read several articles and dealer listings that claim the pedals are included on 2016 models, but suspect the authors merely copied the features list from a previous year's post. Chrysler's 2016 sales literature makes no mention of them, and indeed they're absent on my car.

14. Dave Z

Thanks, Christopher. Working on it now.

15. svevar

Additions for the 2017 300 section:
    1. SD card reader dropped from center console Media Hub in favor of second USB port.
    2. New Uconnect 8.4/UAS and 8.4NAV/UAQ systems include 4G connectivity, with service provided by AT&T. Previous systems connected via Sprint's 3G network. Improved processing power permits quicker responses, multi-touch gestures, sharper graphics, etc., not to mention Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Several former Uconnect Access features (e.g., remote start, Send & Go, vehicle finder, etc.) rebranded as SiriusXM Guardian.
    3. Slight reduction in RWD V6 highway fuel economy (down to 30 mpg from 31) thanks to change in EPA testing methodology.