AF: The Charger & Challenger Aren’t Going Anywhere | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Charger & Challenger Aren’t Going Anywhere

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Hemidakota, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Hemidakota

Hemidakota Active Member

DG017_002MMp1kn8dhcnfjic69e0lt47ktibt (1).jpg

Despite speculation circulated by a few prominent news sites recently about the possible discontinuation of Dodge’s adored muscle cars in 2021, there is no real data that points to that conclusion. These sites also state that the cars will receive a refresh in 2019 ahead of their discontinuation two years later.

Instead of a real refresh, expect the Charger and Challenger to have even more performance options than ever around this time next year when the 2020 models begin hitting dealerships. Next year is finally slated to be the year that the Charger receives some high-performance love from Dodge, as a range-topping widebody Charger is rumored to arrive.

A naturally-aspirated 426 cubic-inch engine is also set to arrive with the next generation cars, with a displacement of 7.0-liters and output 520+ horsepower. Both next generation Charger and Challenger are said to be getting a new inline-six turbocharged powerplant as well.

ARTICLE LINK: The Charger & Challenger Aren't Going Anywhere: - Mopar Insiders (at https://moparinsiders.com/the-charger-challenger-arent-going-anywhere/ )

2. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

The death of the Charger and Challenger is one of the worst click bait "news articles" automotive sites are running with. Unfortunately, perceived inaction and/or indecision creates an environment where this kind of BS gains traction.

jam1, suzq044, Deckard_Cain and 3 others like this.
  3. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

As bad as the Portal rumor that it's showing up for 2020.

4. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

The difference is that some are based on facts, others are based on heavy bias toward negativity. Like @GasAxe said, those "others" are putting out articles only for the negative attention instead of reporting accurately.

Unfortunately, there is more of an appetite for pessimism and negativity than good news.

guyverfanatic, jam1, djsamuel and 5 others like this.
  5. valiant67

valiant67 ...

If one reads the article this is obviously referring to, it doesn't say Charger and Challenger are going away but that there are road blocks (not insurmountable) that must be addressed. The article is more about the discontinuation of surrounding products in the Dodge lineup.
    There is a tendency to react without considering all the details. This same thing happened when a poorly headlined article almost 2 years ago now mentioned the Grand Wagoneer would be cancelled or transferred to a BOF platform. Not many people read beyond the headline which stressed the possible cancellation rather than the move to BOF before reacting.

VoiceOfReason and HotCarNut like this.
  6. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

"Is FCA about to get out of Dodge?"
    "Dodge's future rests on the Journey and Durango"
    "Charger and Challenger will be refreshed in 2019 ahead of a possible discontinuation in 2021"

All wrong. And no, I didn't read the first two articles because I'm not going to subscribe a site that puts out so much clickbait. It's worth setting the record straight since undoubtedly someone will take one of those articles and run with it, stirring up a whole mess of "Is Dodge dying" posts.

Maybe they didn't specifically say that Dodge is dying or that the Charger and Challenger will be discontinued definitively, but they sure will cause a lot of unsubstantiated rumors by putting out stuff like that.

7. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

I'll be clearing that one up tomorrow.

8. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Hehehe, lots of stuff happening and now we are starting to see it.

Mike

9. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Peoples heads are gonna spin and then they will say why did they stop milking the other cars...well maybe not...or maybe so...

I am so excited for the 50th anniversary of the Challenger. Knowing the Charger is about to get it's time to shine...this is gonna be awesome.

Can not wait to hear what the next generation of these have to offer as well

10. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

Now that the lizard people have control othe stock market and the Illuminati have infiltrated all religions, and the passing of Sergio who was using the one ring to fend them all off, “THEY” will finally be able to kill off our beloved brands. Of which I’ve personally owned 74 of and all have been in the shop the entire time. Which is why they’re garbage. But if they build a 3000 hp world destroyer for under 27k, I’d buy one for sure!

11. hmk123

Level III Supporter

It is actually sad that even sites that want to be reputable news sources use sensational headlines like that.

12. MoparJoe

MoparJoe Well-Known Member

if things go as planned ... the Charger hellcat 2.0 wide body will be a beast ... picked up quite a bit of top end as well ... more than the Challenger Redeye did ....

13. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Set for Monday morning on MoparInsiders.com

HotCarNut, wilbur and Devildodge like this.
  14. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

I hate to disagree, but as someone who fills up the spaces in a rental lot, Challengers and Chargers quickly disappear and are going everywhere. :p When I bring up a Challenger from the car wash, people walk towards it like kids seeing the ice cream truck on a hot summer day. OK, I know I'm just playing with words, but these cars put a smile on people's faces.

Now that it's Autumn, we'll be renting out a Camaro to the haunted house display for their headless horseman.

15. Thom Paré

Thom Paré Active Member

As much inside info that I glean from the Big 3, the LX cars still elude me. It's the only Mopars that I really want to have more info on, but have no access to any of it.

Mike V. and ehaase like this.
  16. BillyRaff

BillyRaff Active Member

Any chance the 7.0 comes in MY 2020? Changes to the 6.4 or 5.7 for the 50th anniversary MY?

HotCarNut likes this.
  17. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    HEY!!! What's with the racist slurs?? That's REPTILIANS to you!:D

Besides...we have no interest in anything so crude and primitive as your internal combustion engines. We moved on to Anti-Gravity Drive thousands of years ago!:p:D

HotCarNut, sickboy and Zagnut27 like this.
  18. MoparJoe

MoparJoe Well-Known Member

No 426 for 2020 MY.
    But big hp increase before new car comes ....

19. V6305

V6305 Member

Across the board or just the usuals? Been eyeing a 2015 Shaker in pristine condition but thinking about holding off for 2020 and the next gen.

BillyRaff and HotCarNut like this.
  20. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Stays the same till 2021!